Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-09-2019, 06:55 PM   #61
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah he’s too short . In the comics he’s at least 6’6 somehow beside Cap he’s same height . There is no way . Even Magneto looks the same height . It makes a huge diff to me when the scale is great when it’s not well ..... I’m out !
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #62
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Initially I thought the scale (specifically the height) of Thor was too short when compared to Cap. Per Marvel database, Thor is 6'6". Cap is 6'2". So Thor is 4" taller than Cap. When that 4" difference is scaled down to 1/3 scale, you get a difference of approx 1 3/8". Thor does look about that much bigger than Cap in the photos I have seen, so I think the scale is fine.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:00 AM   #63
RisingPhoenix
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I love this new 1/3 line but am I the only one noticing every character thus far is exact same height . Thor is 100% taller and beefier than all others in comics yet he’s same height ??? They need to get the scales in check .
Hi Subby, I will be happy to clear this one up quickly. Tbh this height comment comes up with every statue that seems to come out lol. We even had to put the XM cap next to the 1/3 one last time to prove its actually 1/3!! That being said the heights are definitely correct. At 1/3 scale Thor is 67cm vs Cap at 63cm. You may have seen an angled pic and assumed they are the same height. I can assure you they are not.

The thing people can forget is that when heights are scaled down they give an illusion that they should be much more different than they are. When in fact statues actually look closer in height when you reduce it. We are collectors ourselves and I am a huge Marvel fan, so every character of ours gets the exact height measurements and is always checked with the printer before it goes to print. So there is never anything to fear with any of our pieces looking out of scale.

Its the reason why our 1/7 line is actually the same size as the Bowen line, because the Bowen measurements were actually smaller than the 1/6 tag they said on the box. We make sure all lines are exact. Hope this allays any fears you or anyone else has. Feel free to ask whatever comments you guys like. cheers.
RisingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:27 AM   #64
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Just watched Siskos booth tour vid on YT and this Thor looks great, he is really pushing out his chest and pulling his arms back for that classic masculine hero pose, Fenrir the Wolf is on the other side of the base.

Search for XM Studios Full Booth Tour | SGCC 2019! on youtube to see her vid.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:34 AM   #65
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
Hi Subby, I will be happy to clear this one up quickly. Tbh this height comment comes up with every statue that seems to come out lol. We even had to put the XM cap next to the 1/3 one last time to prove its actually 1/3!! That being said the heights are definitely correct. At 1/3 scale Thor is 67cm vs Cap at 63cm. You may have seen an angled pic and assumed they are the same height. I can assure you they are not.

The thing people can forget is that when heights are scaled down they give an illusion that they should be much more different than they are. When in fact statues actually look closer in height when you reduce it. We are collectors ourselves and I am a huge Marvel fan, so every character of ours gets the exact height measurements and is always checked with the printer before it goes to print. So there is never anything to fear with any of our pieces looking out of scale.

Its the reason why our 1/7 line is actually the same size as the Bowen line, because the Bowen measurements were actually smaller than the 1/6 tag they said on the box. We make sure all lines are exact. Hope this allays any fears you or anyone else has. Feel free to ask whatever comments you guys like. cheers.
Thanks for interacting with us on here RisingPhoenix and congrats on this 1:3 Marvel line so far, this Thor has the potential to be statue of the year in my opinion, can't wait to see it painted up.

I'm hoping you guys are working on a museum pose classic Iron Man to join his team mates
Old 12-10-2019, 09:14 AM   #66
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks for clearing that up. This line is going to be a huge hit!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #67
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

I REALLY hope the Iron Man will be more of a modern look with maybe a classic helmet swap-out for all you old folks lol

I already have Captain America on order, I'll probably have to pass on this Thor budget wise but I will 110% be getting the 1/3 Iron Man!!!
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:24 PM   #68
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Bearded portrait and beard looks great.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #69
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
I REALLY hope the Iron Man will be more of a modern look with maybe a classic helmet swap-out for all you old folks lol

I don't mind the modern look but I much prefer the classic suit, plus if it's a modern Extremis style suit it will look odd next to the classic Cap & Thor they have done. Swap out unmasked head and switch out arm holding his helmet just like the Classic Comiquette please.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #70
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post

A response from a company rep that is detailed, thoughtful, and not lacking context. Refreshing and welcome.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote