Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-07-2024, 12:48 AM   #251
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006chaos View Post
The main thing is the extreme of the mark up and minus the swap-out heads for SS they don't even offer you the bonus swap-out heads on SS.

I'm not even adding the other bonus stuff from PCS like the silver coin thing and the red ticket thing they do. That is something that should be there main exclusive for PCS direct buyers.

But I have seen recently plenty of PCS statues that only had small mark ups on SS and was cheaper if you purchased direct from PCS but they offered there other versions for purchase on SS.

It just feels like I will have to have a missing part and as the customer I'm punished for not buying it direct from PCS.

That type of business strategy is why I passed on there Lady Death on throne and there Dejah Thoris on throne. 3 versions and the complete statues was only available for direct buy from PCS only.

Some people don't want to start up a new account just for 1 or 3 different statues just to get the complete statue options. For me I don't care about the red ticket stuff or silver coin thing.

The other company I hate it that does this is when Prime 1 does major bonus parts that are not offer outside of direct buyers but they mostly just have a little bonus that is usually nothing that is a big deal to miss out on.

As a collector I would rather have it to where they just not offer a stripped down version of the statue on SS or other vendors if they are going to do that type of thing. And just keep the Editions very limited and not do 2 or 3 versions of the statues.

Like XM Studios they just sell there statues and there vendors are getting the complete statue options you just miss out on there loyalty credit system if you don't buy direct from them.
The reason you don't want to buy is because you don't want to start up a new account?.... It takes like 10 seconds to make an account. If you don't want to buy from them don't buy, but every company does stuff to incentivize. Sideshow pieces also have exclusives, in fact they are the ones who probably invented exclusives for the statue industry :P XM studios also offers prestige members 10% off the retail price...... Rewards points are the same thing, the only difference is that it's money you have to spend there. SS just gives you way less cause they can, they have more reach and want the money.

Also PCS statues didn't have any markup with SS, except for the $5 that SS adds to everything, but they had an exclusivity deal with SS because of the old refund thing. So any exclusives were on SS only, and then that deal ran out.

If you want to buy from the EA of the statue industry power to you, same if you don't want to buy from PCS. But I don't think you'll find many people that would find your viewpoint of not letting us have some of their savings, especially with those arguments :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:28 AM   #252
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The reason you don't want to buy is because you don't want to start up a new account?.... It takes like 10 seconds to make an account. If you don't want to buy from them don't buy, but every company does stuff to incentivize. Sideshow pieces also have exclusives, in fact they are the ones who probably invented exclusives for the statue industry :P XM studios also offers prestige members 10% off the retail price...... Rewards points are the same thing, the only difference is that it's money you have to spend there. SS just gives you way less cause they can, they have more reach and want the money.

Also PCS statues didn't have any markup with SS, except for the $5 that SS adds to everything, but they had an exclusivity deal with SS because of the old refund thing. So any exclusives were on SS only, and then that deal ran out.

If you want to buy from the EA of the statue industry power to you, same if you don't want to buy from PCS. But I don't think you'll find many people that would find your viewpoint of not letting us have some of their savings, especially with those arguments :|

Not understanding What EA is other then its a game publisher so you will need to run the meaning of that I'm not a gamer so I don't know what the meaning is. The people I hang around with are 50 years old minimum, Are you you sayings EA is expensive or something is my best guess?

But my reasons is more then not wanting to making a new account.
It takes 10 seconds to make the account but it takes TIME and MONEY to build up rewards points in a new account to get better discounts and savings, thats where I'm coming from. Especially when they are already having SS sell stuff for them.

Then the second thing is I don't like having to pay $135 more for a stripped down version of the statue there selling but on SS, When like you said it was only $5 more for there stuff in the past. But now its $135 more for no reason I see other then to just force direct sells.

Then 3rd, I don't want to deal with a new company that I don't know how they handle shipping issues.
I don't want to have to buy direct because there is no point for me in doing it when they don't have much that im interested in collecting as they only have a small catalog to look at and there rewards program is not going to be something that I will make much use of when they come out with something i may like, every 4 years or so. By then the points and discounts will be expired most likely.

after I get my 1/3 Vampirella from Prime 1 and my 1/4 Red Sonja From SS I'm done and out. Unless prices become reasonable again but I won't count on that happening.

Then my last point is I'm at the end of my collecting journey as I am officially priced out from the hobby now if they are changing $1200 Plus, after taxes and shipping for 1/4 statues.
For me that is what a 1/3 statue started at.

So for me opening up a new account just for the one last Vampirella statue grab on my way out the door from the hobby is pointless when I won't be able to build up rewards or any other promotions that are offered and use them on this Last Statue. But I would have bought it if it wasn't for the $135 mark up SS did for the stripped down version for them to force direct sells to PCS. So there really is no savings forcing me to open up the account with PCS other then avoiding the stupid $135 more that SS added.

But thats my reasons for why I wouldn't buy from a new company at this point. And the last of my SS rewards points I'm waiting to become available will probably just sit for a long time unless they make something that is interesting before they expire. But otherwise there also pointless now.

So everything that I was going on about is completely pointless in the end in my perspective as my SS rewards points are still locked and then the $135 extra for a SS version that doesn't have the swap-out heads is not going to convince me to spend money there
So I am passing on the statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240407_014653_Chrome.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	169608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240407_014724_Chrome.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	169609  
2006chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 06:21 AM   #253
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
My reason is more then making a new account.
It takes 10 seconds to make the account but it takes TIME and MONEY to build up rewards points in a new account to get better discounts and savings, thats where I'm coming from. Especially when they are already having SS sell stuff for them.
What does it matter if it takes time and money to build up rewards points if you're just saving $100? Why buy at SS to get 5% in rewards points when you get 10% immediately :P?

Quote:
Then the second thing is I don't like having to pay $100 more for a stripped down version of the statue there selling but on SS, When like you said it was only $5 more for there stuff in the past. But now its $100 more for no reason I see other then to just force direct sells.
I said they add $5 because a few years ago for some reason SS added $5 to absolutely everything. Not relating to the price difference. Sure their version is better, cause they are selling direct. Funny how you kinda glossed over "exclusive parts bad I hate companies that do this!" after I've mentioned SS has done this since time immemorial.

Quote:
Then 3rd, I don't want to deal with a new company that I don't know how they handle shipping issues.
That's fair, say all your problems in the first place not start adding stuff when people point out the multitude of holes. And why still stick with SS? You can buy from spec and pay the same price as them (except minus the $5 they add onto MSRP) AND get free shipping.

Quote:
I don't want to have to buy direct because there is no point for me in doing it when they don't have much that im interested in collecting as they only have a small catalog to look at and there rewards program is not going to be something that I will make much use of when they come out with something i may like, every 4 years or so. By then the points and discounts will be expired most likely.
What do points matter if their upfront early bird price is cheaper?

Quote:
after I get my 1/3 Vampirella from Prime 1 and my 1/4 Red Sonja From SS I'm done and out. Unless prices become reasonable again but I won't count on that happening.
They won't get lower

Quote:
Then my last point is I'm at the end of my collecting journey as I am officially priced out from the hobby now if they are changing $1200 Plus, after taxes and shipping for 1/4 statues.
For me that is what a 1/3 statue started at.
This is 3 bodies in one, it is not just a normal 1/4 statue.

Quote:
So for me opening up a new account just for the one last Vampirella statue grab on my way out the door from the hobby is pointless when I won't be able to build up rewards or any other promotions that are offered and use them on this Last Statue. But I would have bought it if it wasn't for the $100 mark up SS did for the stripped down version for them to force direct sells to PCS. So there really is no savings forcing me to open up the account with PCS other then avoiding the stupid 100 more that SS added.
This argument makes no sense. How are you going to build up for your last statue? Either you've already built up or you haven't. If you already have points, then spend them on what you want. If you don't then so what, whatever points you get on your LAST statue won't be spend on any other statue. And again it makes ZERO sense to go with a more expensive option for points when you can just get money off upfront.

Quote:
But thats my reasons for why I wouldn't buy from a new company at this point. And the last of my SS rewards points I'm waiting to become available will probably just sit for a long time unless they make something that is interesting before they expire. But otherwise there also pointless now.

So everything that I was going on about is completely pointless in the end in my perspective as my SS rewards points are still locked and then the $135 extra for a SS version that doesn't have the swap-out heads is not going to convince me to spend money there
So I am passing on the statue.
So basically you've made a ton arguments about how it's bad that they have exclusives (despite pretty much everyone doing this) and how they shouldn't pass on some of the savings they get from selling directly to a customer (savings bad!!!) and how they should do stuff. To just then unveil that it's really because you have a very specific situation where you have some points in SS and you want to stop buying more statues. This has nothing to do with how PCS is running their business, just that's it's inconvenient for you because you have remaining points with SS. The whole reason they give you points is so you HAVE to buy with them.

Also if your points are going to expire on SS just buy something cheaper that the points cover, otherwise you're just throwing free money away. I had like $100+ in points with them and it was starting to expire ever since they added the expiring and I had no interest in buying ---- from them cause their prices suck and their shipping is retarded high. I can get what they sell from spec or secret compass or basically anywhere else and save money. So I just bought the mandalorian skull cause it's cool and I only had to pay like $5 + shipping, not lament that SS blows dick and let my points expire.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:49 AM   #254
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

Quote:
What does it matter if it takes time and money to build up rewards points if you're just saving $100? Why buy at SS to get 5% in rewards points when you get 10% immediately :P?

I said they add $5 because a few years ago for some reason SS added $5 to absolutely everything. Not relating to the price difference. Sure their version is better, cause they are selling direct. Funny how you kinda glossed over "exclusive parts bad I hate companies that do this!" after I've mentioned SS has done this since time immemorial.

That's fair, say all your problems in the first place not start adding stuff when people point out the multitude of holes. And why still stick with SS? You can buy from spec and pay the same price as them (except minus the $5 they add onto MSRP) AND get free shipping.

What do points matter if their upfront early bird price is cheaper?

They won't get lower

This is 3 bodies in one, it is not just a normal 1/4 statue.

This argument makes no sense. How are you going to build up for your last statue? Either you've already built up or you haven't. If you already have points, then spend them on what you want. If you don't then so what, whatever points you get on your LAST statue won't be spend on any other statue. And again it makes ZERO sense to go with a more expensive option for points when you can just get money off upfront.

So basically you've made a ton arguments about how it's bad that they have exclusives (despite pretty much everyone doing this) and how they shouldn't pass on some of the savings they get from selling directly to a customer (savings bad!!!) and how they should do stuff. To just then unveil that it's really because you have a very specific situation where you have some points in SS and you want to stop buying more statues. This has nothing to do with how PCS is running their business, just that's it's inconvenient for you because you have remaining points with SS. The whole reason they give you points is so you HAVE to buy with them.

Also if your points are going to expire on SS just buy something cheaper that the points cover, otherwise you're just throwing free money away. I had like $100+ in points with them and it was starting to expire ever since they added the expiring and I had no interest in buying ---- from them cause their prices suck and their shipping is retarded high. I can get what they sell from spec or secret compass or basically anywhere else and save money. So I just bought the mandalorian skull cause it's cool and I only had to pay like $5 + shipping, not lament that SS blows dick and let my points expire.

Thanks for pointing out that my reasons was completely and otherwise pointless in a mean way.
I didn't see the info on the statue on PCS website with the early bird info stuff till I took the screen shot today. Just disregard everything I was talking about. I didn't realize the mistake till now.

But long story short I will not open up a new account because im done with the hobby and the prices are not in my budget anymore. So for me it's pointless. I got confused about why the hell was sideshow collectibles offering the statue without the head swap-out and then asking for 135 bucks more is what I seen. And i didn't understand what the hell i was looking at.

So yeah thanks for pointing it out.
2006chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:55 AM   #255
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yes. PCS wants to recover some of their lost to having a middleman...

I'd be very wary of PCS direct. WHOLE lotta PO atm..
Selling some more directly is not a bad thing imo.

But I noticed that too (reading through Premium P.C.S. website) after thinking about placing my direct PO. Why is almost every new statue on their website set at "Preorder / Expected release around SEP 2024 - NOV 2024" ?
So many can't be released at Q4. So which statue will and which won't? I do not like to wait an 'unexpected' extra year. Should be more clear what timeline customers can expect e.g. these Q3 2024/ these Q4/ these Q1 2025.

Another strange thing the Dejah Thoris is still marked as Preorder on their website. That one was already shipped early last year right? Same as the Blade 1:3 diorama. Ppl already receive(d) this few months ago. Or does PCS do very small factory batches?

Anyone have experience with shipping rates directly from PCS? Are they average compared to other large stores or inflated like Prime1 (where the chinese Forwarder determines the rates you have to pay). I would like an 'min-max estimate' upfront but that does not work when statue is labeled PO. Don't want to pay $500 or more shipping for only one box and tax on top of it.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 12:55 PM   #256
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Selling some more directly is not a bad thing imo.

But I noticed that too (reading through Premium P.C.S. website) after thinking about placing my direct PO. Why is almost every new statue on their website set at "Preorder / Expected release around SEP 2024 - NOV 2024" ?
So many can't be released at Q4. So which statue will and which won't? I do not like to wait an 'unexpected' extra year. Should be more clear what timeline customers can expect e.g. these Q3 2024/ these Q4/ these Q1 2025.

Another strange thing the Dejah Thoris is still marked as Preorder on their website. That one was already shipped early last year right? Same as the Blade 1:3 diorama. Ppl already receive(d) this few months ago. Or does PCS do very small factory batches?

Anyone have experience with shipping rates directly from PCS? Are they average compared to other large stores or inflated like Prime1 (where the chinese Forwarder determines the rates you have to pay). I would like an 'min-max estimate' upfront but that does not work when statue is labeled PO. Don't want to pay $500 or more shipping for only one box and tax on top of it.
Many smaller companies group their production runs. Remember factories operate based on time. The likes of Tweeterhead and old PCS will have 2,3, even 4 statues ship close together if they can get and advantage from the factory or shipping. Often they would not disclose it as such and would continue to set unrealistic delivery dates so people would order.

As far as Dejah and other already delivered statues back on PO they are just finishing run. These companies have learned to set the ES above their initial orders so if a piece becomes super popular they can sell a few more. I consider this the least offending thing these producers do.

New PCS experiences have basically been with Sideshow. Very few statues released under their belt with their new strategy so it is a we will see situation.

What I am warning though is anything can go wrong with individual companies. If PCS hits a financial snag or goes belly up orders through Sideshow will be easily refunded more like an FDIC bank account. Any orders direct through PCS are only backed by... PCS. PCS has been pushing the PO gas pedal very hard the past few months. That is a whole lotta capitol expended and based on number of reactions not sure it is translating into sufficient sales. No one knows the future but take a look at the recent statue company collapses. By the time you know something is fishy it is often too late and when you order direct especially once paid in full you are allowing these companies to play their game of risk with your money.
Nice Pay in Full discounts is a major part of what gave Macaluso enough rope to run old PCS in the ground.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 05:07 PM   #257
dao2
Cyclops

PCS has actually been pretty good about releasing stuff on time though, they have been putting up a crazy amount of stuff for PO though. More than any other company I think.
Old 04-07-2024, 05:21 PM   #258
Halcyon
Loki

Thx no.33

Btw. I just found a shop in europe with good price for two new statues i was looking for. Think this will save me $100/each compared buying direct with import fees.

Last four years or so EU shops had extreme inflated prices compared to US and AU (which already where high).
But looks like statue prices are finally stabilizing a bit (prob bcs actual sale quantities are getting drastically lower around the world).
Old 04-07-2024, 05:23 PM   #259
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
PCS has actually been pretty good about releasing stuff on time though, they have been putting up a crazy amount of stuff for PO though. More than any other company I think.
Indeed. Hope the quality will be good. I like the new subjects and designs they come up with.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:40 AM   #260
Halcyon
Loki

From youtube.

That round peg under her feet is too obvious also looks darker color.
The other vampgirl feet are nicer connected with the base.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCcon24_Vamp1.png
Views:	55
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	170149   Click image for larger version

Name:	CCcon24_Vamp2.png
Views:	169
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	170150   Click image for larger version

Name:	CCcon24_Vamp3.png
Views:	54