Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #101
Vallos
Jubilee

I can't wait until they update the site so we can read up on these characters. Hopefully it will explain why his arms are bound.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #102
johnclone
The Enchantress

and maybe say what happened to his skull.

it looks like he might have been cracked in the head a few times even before he had those blades put in there, I suppose it might just be that he used to be a warrior on a battlefield and that might have been how he died.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #103
Vallos
Jubilee

Blood, has an interesting theory that make sense (Court of the Dead Thread).

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=439

Here is our conversation afterwards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
If your theory is correct (which does make sense), a recreation into something else still translates into two different characters, hence the two names. Furthermore, Demithyle is there, along with Mortighull. Perhaps another indication of two separate characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood View Post
well yeah but the way you're talking about mortighull is that he's entirely someone else, like they can go out on a date and do stuff together but he's actually demithyle reborn. and this was asked by someone there at sdcc
Quote:
I love your idea of a reborn Demithyle. It would be a perfect segue for Sideshow to explain Death's General's incorporation into the Court of the Dead line. Still though, the two distinct names gives me a little pause to conclude it is a reborn Demithyle. I'm looking forward to his character profile to open up on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood View Post
so am i!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #104
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

This is one of the most imposing and sinister but in a good way! And his sword is like 20 inches long hahaha! Freaking awesome, love the detail and the armor on this one too…

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #105
Sithlord32
New Republic

Bah! Ordered.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #106
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Blood, has an interesting theory that make sense (Court of the Dead Thread).

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=439

Here is our conversation afterwards:
thats a cool theory Blood has there. and very well could be true. that would explain the extra arms being bound behind him too.

will def be interesting to find out once they fill us all in.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:08 AM   #107
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
and maybe say what happened to his skull.

it looks like he might have been cracked in the head a few times even before he had those blades put in there, I suppose it might just be that he used to be a warrior on a battlefield and that might have been how he died.
The skull is impressive, most impressive sculpt i've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
This is one of the most imposing and sinister but in a good way! And his sword is like 20 inches long hahaha! Freaking awesome, love the detail and the armor on this one too…

Sarah
But the waving blade is poor addition to me, why waves ? this is the weakness of the statue imo.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:15 AM   #108
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Why waves? Because it looks cool
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:17 AM   #109
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
The skull is impressive, most impressive sculpt i've seen.

But the waving blade is poor addition to me, why waves ? this is the weakness of the statue imo.
Its not a wavy blade. Its is called a Kris. The Kris is a Javanese asymmetrical dagger most strongly associated with the culture of Indonesia or Javanese culture but also popular to Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei and Singapore. It is known as kalis in the southern Philippines. The kris is famous for its distinctive wavy blade.

Both a weapon and spiritual object, kris are often considered to have an essence or presence, considered to possess magical powers, with some blades possessing good luck and others possessing bad. Kris are used for display, as talismans with magical powers, weapons, a sanctified heirloom (pusaka), auxiliary equipment for court soldiers, an accessory for ceremonial dress, an indicator of social status, a symbol of heroism, etc.
From the Wiki on Kris blades because im too lazy to type my own lengthy description
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:22 AM   #110
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Its not a wavy blade. Its is called a Kris. The Kris is a Javanese asymmetrical dagger most strongly associated with the culture of Indonesia or Javanese culture but also popular to Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei and Singapore. It is known as kalis in the southern Philippines. The kris is famous for its distinctive wavy blade.

Both a weapon and spiritual object, kris are often considered to have an essence or presence, considered to possess magical powers, with some blades possessing good luck and others possessing bad. Kris are used for display, as talismans with magical powers, weapons, a sanctified heirloom (pusaka), auxiliary equipment for court soldiers, an accessory for ceremonial dress, an indicator of social status, a symbol of heroism, etc.
From the Wiki on Kris blades
A kris is a dagger. It's sometimes hard to categorise fantasy weapons but I suppose a flameberge greatsword would be closest
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote