Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #11
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Totally agree...the PS4 looks great as it is with the HDR on the older model anyway. I'm going to wait...thank goodness that Spidey Ed didn't have more detail on the system like Webbing, and a better looking controller...that would have been harder to stay away from.
I initially had the Spidey Pro on pre-order but after much thought, as nice as the red console is, I don't need another one (have 3 PS4s already; original, slim and Pro), but had Spidey one had more attractive graphics it would have been hard for me to refuse it. I will wait for a 4K player one.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:07 PM   #12
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Lmao, that's exactly what I ended up purchasing...except I got the 55 inch..I figured this was more of an impulse purchase rather than a need, so wife and I talked and figured we could upgrade again in a few years, since we are likely to move from NY to Florida in next 2-3 years when my son finishes middle school. Then we will go to the Oled TV or Hell now Samsung is bringing out the 8k with adaptive AI this October to the public. Granted we are not even really at full 4K yet...but with this new AI it is said to scale everything to true 4K and 8K no matter what the source...except gaming. But this will give us another option down the road. Plus our $$ will stretch farther down there with the housing / upgrade in size, downgrade in price. Which is a major plus+.

As far as games , I have over 150 on my console now and a bunch using the Xbox Enhanced modes. Again they look great...just not what I was expecting with all the hype.
Ha! That's awesome!!

I'm super happy with the TV. Like I will be more than happy with this one for several years. Hopefully when it comes time to buy my next one I'm in a ------ place (currently in a townhome) and I'll be in a position to get a big ol 75" 8k or something lol... but for now no joke I wouldn't want to go bigger for my current setup. Just very content right now. Even without the one x I have noticed things generally look better. But my last tv was a 2012 50" 1080p so it was older. Then when it was in the shop I plugged in my little 20" Samsung to play destiny haha... so I went from that to this!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #13
Frankierock
Omega Red

So after all this upgrading, I come home to play some Xbox and poof damn thing is Dead..light turns on, but nothing else happens...thing doesn't even make a sound...no fan on, no hard drive reading , nope nothing...soooo pissed...have to send it into Microsoft...only good news they say you'll have your fixed or a new one in less than 2 weeks. Sucks to wait , especially since Red Dead is right around the corner. Oh well, at least my PS4 is running.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #14
Mister H
Green Goblin

Ouch. Do you know what went wrong? Good to have a backup though. I have my XBOx One in my office for when my wife watches “This Is Us” or some other relationship type of thing.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:14 AM   #15
Frankierock
Omega Red

No idea, I was playing it the night before no issues. When I turned it on it seemed to start up...light went right on, but no picture, thought HDMI was no good..changed that and still nothing. Tried a few things then I noticed it was not making a sound..no fan , no disc reader nothing...pure silence..
Going to take it to the Microsoft store..people online said they will change it out same day if they can't fix it there. I'll try that before I send it off to MS repairs. Maybe they will tell me what's wrong...me I think the motherboard went.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote