Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #1141
ukshaun
Hercules

While some aspects of this piece appeared to have dated, there is something unusually special about it. I get the impression the sculptor responsible for the portrait has gone to great pains to achieve their desired result, even if it might not be Gentle Giant / 3D scan perfection.

My question is, what does a piece like this sell for in 2018 ?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #1142
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
While some aspects of this piece appeared to have dated, there is something unusually special about it. I get the impression the sculptor responsible for the portrait has gone to great pains to achieve their desired result, even if it might not be Gentle Giant / 3D scan perfection.

My question is, what does a piece like this sell for in 2018 ?
I think they go in the $250-$350 range depending on condition. The Gentle Giant Black Widow sells for more. Sideshow recently auctioned off an AP of this statue for over $700 off eBay, proceeds going to a charity.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:46 AM   #1143
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I think they go in the $250-$350 range depending on condition. The Gentle Giant Black Widow sells for more. Sideshow recently auctioned off an AP of this statue for over $700 off eBay, proceeds going to a charity.
I did manage to win one on ebay some months back for about $300. The seller offered a full refund, as they claimed the item was either broken/out of stock, which sounded like an excuse. Sure enough, 1 month later, the same seller relisted the same item for a higher price.

Current ebay prices include:
$500.64 EX
$526.54 Reg (pre owned)
$700.88 Reg (new sealed)
$700.88 Reg (pre owned)
$956.33 Reg
$1001.22 EX (new sealed)
Old 06-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #1144
built2shred
Phoenix

I sold mine awhile back for $350 but unfortunately during shipping it got damaged, where the right leg goes into the boot. So I had to refund the buyer, now it sits in it's box in the garage.. I tried to find some sculptors who would do a conversion to full sculpt but couldn't find anyone to take the job on...

It also shows that getting insurance is a total waste, well unless they run the box over or lose it, they won't cover you unless the box shows major damage to it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #1145
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I sold mine awhile back for $350 but unfortunately during shipping it got damaged, where the right leg goes into the boot. So I had to refund the buyer, now it sits in it's box in the garage.. I tried to find some sculptors who would do a conversion to full sculpt but couldn't find anyone to take the job on...

It also shows that getting insurance is a total waste, well unless they run the box over or lose it, they won't cover you unless the box shows major damage to it.
I double box all my statues and Canada Post have covered it. I have to make an argument case though
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #1146
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I did manage to win one on ebay some months back for about $300. The seller offered a full refund, as they claimed the item was either broken/out of stock, which sounded like an excuse. Sure enough, 1 month later, the same seller relisted the same item for a higher price.

Current ebay prices include:
$500.64 EX
$526.54 Reg (pre owned)
$700.88 Reg (new sealed)
$700.88 Reg (pre owned)
$956.33 Reg
$1001.22 EX (new sealed)
Buy it Now prices are not a gauge for current value on the secondary market as they usually are two, three or four times original retail. These are prices the seller hopes to get for the piece. You need to check out recently sold items to get a gauge of current prices.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #1147
ukshaun
Hercules

Finally.. added this piece to my collection ..and it's an AP

(more pix here)
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...147668&page=12