Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #81
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I hope all of you who go to SDCC discuss these problems with the SS staff there.
I wonder if the reps will actually acknowledge the problems...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #82
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I wonder if the reps will actually acknowledge the problems...
The more people who at least say something like "I hope you are working on upping the quality" the more likely some rep will say something to those back at the home office.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:23 AM   #83
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Every time I "chat" to SS returns (becoming all too frequent nowadays), I raise the issue... and never get a reply. SS are completely deaf to their QC issues.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:01 AM   #84
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Every time I "chat" to SS returns (becoming all too frequent nowadays), I raise the issue... and never get a reply. SS are completely deaf to their QC issues.
The Woman Woman PF Exlusive happens to be the worst experience I've ever had. Three (3) total returns and i simply gave up. Getting Refund.
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #85
crazytoynut

Don't you unlucky ones get your SS fix from LCS? If so, can't you inspect till satisfied, before paying ?
crazytoynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #86
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytoynut View Post
Don't you unlucky ones get your SS fix from LCS? If so, can't you inspect till satisfied, before paying ?
Well, I've never been "unlucky" with a SSC piece, but I did buy my Catwoman, Gethsemoni and Wonder Woman PFs from my LCS. It's nice being able to inspect before purchasing.
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #87
Choopie
Birdman

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a LCS in their neck of the woods, and if you do, not all,of them carry Sideshow products. I'm in that boat. I have to take my chances and order online.

I've been buying Sideshow products for 10 years and the biggest ongoing issue to me is their lack of consistent paint apps. It's been going on since the Sideshow/WETA days, we've been complaining about it for years, and yet the issue remains. Iron Patriot anyone? It's extremely frustrating when such a problem has been ongoing for so long, and Sideshow says they are addressing flaws, and yet same old.

With regard to breaks and chips, I wonder if it has something to do with the material itself. Older pieces were solid..thicker. Now they are thinner, hollow, maybe even a mix of different material as a cost cutting measure that doesn't hold up in shipping, handling, etc.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #88
3Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post

With regard to breaks and chips, I wonder if it has something to do with the material itself. Older pieces were solid..thicker. Now they are thinner, hollow, maybe even a mix of different material as a cost cutting measure that doesn't hold up in shipping, handling, etc.
I am quite sure the material has been changed to a cheaper, inferior material. I've broken statues from the Sideshow/Weta days and the look, color and feel of the materials are noticeably different.

The old material feels more resilient while the current material feels brittle.
3Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:38 PM   #89
dechirico7
The Flash

No retailers in Wisconsin sell Sideshow products. There is BBTS, but they don't have a store front. I would love too see pieces in person before buying.

It is obvious that Sideshow no longer cares about their customers. I had the different queen off the dead pieces supposedly inspected and all three were garbage. The second replacement was a joke. The person that originally got it unwrapped the chain and didn't redo it when they returned it. Sideshow then sent it to me. There is no way they looked over that piece. If this happens on another piece I am done. And I mean it this time. Siren better be perfect.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:29 AM   #90
crazytoynut

If there are LCS sideshow retailers in nearby states, perhaps they have free shipping service. At least they can QC before shipping to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
No retailers in Wisconsin sell Sideshow products. There is BBTS, but they don't have a store front. I would love too see pieces in person before buying.

It is obvious that Sideshow no longer cares about their customers. I had the different queen off the dead pieces supposedly inspected and all three were garbage. The second replacement was a joke. The person that originally got it unwrapped the chain and didn't redo it when they returned it. Sideshow then sent it to me. There is no way they looked over that piece. If this happens on another piece I am done. And I mean it this time. Siren better be perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post
Not everyone is lucky enough to have a LCS in their neck of the woods, and if you do, not all,of them carry Sideshow products. I'm in that boat. I have to take my chances and order online.

I've been buying Sideshow products for 10 years and the biggest ongoing issue to me is their lack of consistent paint apps. It's been going on since the Sideshow/WETA days, we've been complaining about it for years, and yet the issue remains. Iron Patriot anyone? It's extremely frustrating when such a problem has been ongoing for so long, and Sideshow says they are addressing flaws, and yet same old.

crazytoynut is offline   Reply With Quote