Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #221
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I was hoping for Apocalypse and/or Archangel.
Me too. Apocalypse is one of my favorite Marvel villains. I really thought they should have done him, Mr Sinister, Juggernaut, Magneto, Sabertooth, maybe Omega Red, Sauron and Mystique. Not doing Jean in her regular costume is very disappointing. As is not getting Archangel/Cable/Morph. Hopefully, demand for more characters prompts them to finish out the line a bit stronger. Again though, these need to be priced right.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #222
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Whelp, no Psylocke sucks. Oh well
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #223
senseimaki
The Herculoids

I really wish Kotobukiya went with 1/6 scale like they did with their now defunct (once Storm is released) Danger Room Sessions line. I’d collect those except I just got into collecting this year and some of the older statues (Psylocke, Cyclops, Colossus) are rare or crazy expensive by now.

Maybe Sideshow can pick it up and approach it with same treatment as their DC Animated (Batman and Justice League) line.

Am just drooling at the prospect of it.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #224
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Jeaaann!!!

One more pack! Jean and Magneto!
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:38 PM   #225
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I wonder if they didn't sell as well because they were two packs. That jacks up the price and I skipped Rogue and Storm because I don't care for Gambit and Bishop.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:29 AM   #226
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I wonder if they didn't sell as well because they were two packs. That jacks up the price and I skipped Rogue and Storm because I don't care for Gambit and Bishop.
It was almost as if the pricing was accepted until Prof. X and Phoenix came along.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:00 AM   #227
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
Me too. Apocalypse is one of my favorite Marvel villains. I really thought they should have done him, Mr Sinister, Juggernaut, Magneto, Sabertooth, maybe Omega Red, Sauron and Mystique. Not doing Jean in her regular costume is very disappointing. As is not getting Archangel/Cable/Morph. Hopefully, demand for more characters prompts them to finish out the line a bit stronger. Again though, these need to be priced right.
Seems like I backed the right horse when I decided to skip this line and go for the Marvel Legends action figures instead. Just completed the build-a-figure Apocalypse and it's been worth it. They are also coming out with a hoverchair Xavier, and a Mystique. And their Archangel came out recently. Magneto, Omega Red, Bishop and Cable are on shelves now.

Even though I prefer statues greatly over action figures, the ML X-Men is one line I highly recommend, especially if you want a deep roster on your shelf.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #228
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Seems like I backed the right horse when I decided to skip this line and go for the Marvel Legends action figures instead. Just completed the build-a-figure Apocalypse and it's been worth it. They are also coming out with a hoverchair Xavier, and a Mystique. And their Archangel came out recently. Magneto, Omega Red, Bishop and Cable are on shelves now.

Even though I prefer statues greatly over action figures, the ML X-Men is one line I highly recommend, especially if you want a deep roster on your shelf.

Totally agree. I also collect Marvel Legends....specifically Spider-Man and X-Men universes. They keep getting better and I'm fine with the prices. I completed the Apocalypse and Sauron BAFs over the Summer and I love how they turned out. Definitely looking forward to Prof. X, Archangel, Mystique, Jubilee, Weapon X, Forge, and others next year. I'm skipping out on these statues unless they dramatically drop in price.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #229
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
Totally agree. I also collect Marvel Legends....specifically Spider-Man and X-Men universes. They keep getting better and I'm fine with the prices. I completed the Apocalypse and Sauron BAFs over the Summer and I love how they turned out. Definitely looking forward to Prof. X, Archangel, Mystique, Jubilee, Weapon X, Forge, and others next year. I'm skipping out on these statues unless they dramatically drop in price.
Archangel is available on BBTS now. And I believe Amazon has got the Logan/Sentinel 2-pack.

Speaking of, the only area they lag behind is the metal look. Their guns look cheap, and figures with prominent metal parts/armor don't look all that nice. It's understandable for the price, but sucks regardless.

But, they more than make of for it by the sheer number of characters they, Hasbro, put out. The only reason I had my eye on this Koto line was that they, Koto, promised it'll go deep. And if that isn't the case, I see no point buying the ones they have.

I'll just get Rogue with the olive jacket.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:28 PM   #230
joelyface
Fantastic Four

The first couple sets they've released are fantastic, and really incomparable to other physical x-men products. For me this is the X-men I know and love. I've never seen a statue, or figure ever made that captures the characters 'on model' as this line does. I would rather have these 10 figures than 100 in the marvel legends line
joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote