Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > West Side WAR Room

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 AM   #381
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
Anyone on the Westside attending Wonder Con in SF on 02/22?
I'm almost positive I'll be there.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #382
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
I'll be more than likely missing the Wonder Con this year, my man!! Sorry about that. If you happen to go, perhaps you can take some pictures and post them, yes...?
will do! i wonder what movies they'll be promoting this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Durfey View Post
Hi Luis, Darrell -

I will PROBABLY be going to Wondercon, though I probably won't have any money to spend
i dont think i'll be picking up that much stuff. especially since the Sideshow stuff i have on pre-order will probably be coming out in that time frame. hopefully i can get something from Mike Choi while there!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:07 AM   #383
DRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Went home during my lunch break at noon to let my dogs out and the power was out. Not sure how long since I went to work at 7:45 am. I also noticed then that no one looked like they had any power on my block. I drove to Round Table, about 8 blocks away, and they said a personal sized pizza would take 45 minutes. I've only got an hour lunch so I drove to the nearest fast food place I could find, McDonald's of course, and they had a line literally out the door and the drive thru was overflowing to the street. I then went to th eneighboring city of South San Francisco & hit up the KFC on the main road of El Camino Real. I now had about 25 minutes before my lunch was over and I was about the 20th customer in line. I swear everybody was ordering these mega meals! 20 piece this 12 piece that! So I finally order and it's 5 minutes to 1. They finally get to my order at 1:10 and I head back to work to clock in which takes another 10 minutes. So now I'm 20 minutes late, hungry as hell cause even though I have my lunch I didn't have time to eat it AND I have to make up that 20 minutes I lost by clocking out at 5:20 pm rather than 5 pm. To add insult to injury, I was going to buy a flat screen TV today but it doesn't look like that's happening after all.....
dude that sucks! especially since you were on lunch. driving around was horrible in SF and DC to San Bruno. If people weren't driving crappy you had to dodge fallen tree's, fallen PG&E poles or just be careful not to hydro-plane! i drove to several places to eat lunch with my lady but everything was pretty much closed due to the power outages but for now things have finally calmed down
Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #384
DRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I'm almost positive I'll be there.
cool man i most likely will be attending. did you check out the special guest list yet Monster? looks good so far.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 AM   #385
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

I know I won't be going.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:34 AM   #386
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Went home during my lunch break at noon to let my dogs out and the power was out. Not sure how long since I went to work at 7:45 am. I also noticed then that no one looked like they had any power on my block. I drove to Round Table, about 8 blocks away, and they said a personal sized pizza would take 45 minutes. I've only got an hour lunch so I drove to the nearest fast food place I could find, McDonald's of course, and they had a line literally out the door and the drive thru was overflowing to the street. I then went to th eneighboring city of South San Francisco & hit up the KFC on the main road of El Camino Real. I now had about 25 minutes before my lunch was over and I was about the 20th customer in line. I swear everybody was ordering these mega meals! 20 piece this 12 piece that! So I finally order and it's 5 minutes to 1. They finally get to my order at 1:10 and I head back to work to clock in which takes another 10 minutes. So now I'm 20 minutes late, hungry as hell cause even though I have my lunch I didn't have time to eat it AND I have to make up that 20 minutes I lost by clocking out at 5:20 pm rather than 5 pm. To add insult to injury, I was going to buy a flat screen TV today but it doesn't look like that's happening after all.....

Damn man, that blows. Is your power back on at least? I saw all the stuff on the news with snow and all that rain, seems weird for that to be happening down there.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 AM   #387
Davidian
Omega Flight

I won't be going to the Wonder Con, but who all is going to ECCC this year?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 AM   #388
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

I won't be would be nice to meet Tim Sale though
Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #389
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

No ECCC for me either
Old 01-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #390
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

nope no wonder con or eccc.

i do hope though the west siders are keeping dry and safe with this series of storms ripping up the coast. looks crazy folks stay safe
Closed Thread