Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-03-2023, 05:32 PM   #191
batmbeyond
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I hate breaks as much as anyone but the strap looks repairable and a little gloss black paint should cover up that spot on the base. Weta should still give you some type of credit though if you decide to keep it.
It seems to be a clean break and easy fix, just bummed my first 2 statues from Weta were both damaged on arrival. waiting to hear back and see what they offer
batmbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:28 PM   #192
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmbeyond View Post
It seems to be a clean break and easy fix, just bummed my first 2 statues from Weta were both damaged on arrival. waiting to hear back and see what they offer
I'd be bummed as well.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:32 PM   #193
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

I am soo sorry to hear that, batmbeyond. It's not an inexpensive piece, so you communicate with Weta and let them know what resolution would give you the greatest peace of mind. I ordered both of my pieces directly from Weta and their customer service was stellar.

When it came to the minor paint blemish for the Superman main portrait, they sent me a replacement head. I took quite a few pictures just so that they could see that it was indeed a paint blemish. They then took pictures of the one that they were sending me to make sure I was satisfied with it. That one came directly from New Zealand and was packaged extremely well.

As for my Knightmare Batman, the trenchcoat was completely shattered. Again, I took a ton of pictures of the statue as well as the packaging. I was expecting, and would have been happy if they sent me, just the body but they ended up sending me a complete statue from Washington. It arrived less than a week from when I contacted them. I realized the reason why they could not just send me the body was because each body seems to key into its specific base. At least that was the case for me. I tried to key in the new body to the old base because I preferred the edition number of the old base but the left foot on the Knightmare Batman was left hovering and would not rest on the car. It does fit perfectly on its corresponding base.

If I remember correctly, you do have to contact Weta within 48 hours of when you receive it. It seems that you have done that.
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:47 PM   #194
batmbeyond
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
I am soo sorry to hear that, batmbeyond. It's not an inexpensive piece, so you communicate with Weta and let them know what resolution would give you the greatest peace of mind. I ordered both of my pieces directly from Weta and their customer service was stellar.

When it came to the minor paint blemish for the Superman main portrait, they sent me a replacement head. I took quite a few pictures just so that hey could see that it was indeed a paint blemish. They then took pictures of the one that they were sending me to make sure I was satisfied with it. That one came directly from New Zealand and was packaged extremely well.

As for my Knightmare Batman, the trenchcoat was completely shattered. Again, I took a ton of pictures of the statue as well as the packaging. I was expecting, and would have been happy if they sent me, just the body but they ended up sending me a complete statue from Washington. It arrived less than a week from when I contacted them. I realized the reason why they could not just send me the body was because each body seems to key into its specific base. At least that was the case for me. I tried to key in the new body to the old base because I preferred the edition number of the old base but the left foot on the Knightmare Batman was left hovering and would not rest on the car. It does fit perfectly on its corresponding base.

If I remember correctly, you do have to contact Weta within 48 hours of when you receive it. It seems that you have done that.
thanks for the info , I did get a reply back already, sent more pics to them and awaiting to hear back.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:26 PM   #195
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

I'm glad that they got back to you pretty quickly, batmbeyond.

Aside from the damage, how did you like the statue?
Old 04-04-2023, 06:51 PM   #196
batmbeyond
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
I'm glad that they got back to you pretty quickly, batmbeyond.

Aside from the damage, how did you like the statue?
The statue is incredible, great sculpt and painting.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:27 PM   #197
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

I'm glad that you like it!
Old 06-14-2023, 03:52 AM   #198
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I was looking for him in eBay and found this. They have listed him @$899.99 (free s/h). Saw one listed at Walmart too for the same price. Would these be legit? Pretty good discount, I guess.

eBay: https://tinyurl.com/mr4azbw4

Walmart: https://tinyurl.com/3b33sexm
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:52 AM   #199
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

For anyone that is interested, I got my Sideshow PF Batman face repainted by a guy on Facebook. Very cheap. This Weta statue is already great but considering how much this repaint has done for my Sideshow statue this one might be able to be improved from it too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230612_163443853.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	162444

Name:	349699737_224424350416508_6368252605076816211_n.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	162445

Name:	original_db07d079-4c4d-4dfb-92ba-7e68ffa66ad0_Screenshot_20230606-204358.png
Views:	37
Size:	556.1 KB
ID:	162446
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:39 AM   #200
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
I was looking for him in eBay and found this. They have listed him @$899.99 (free s/h). Saw one listed at Walmart too for the same price. Would these be legit? Pretty good discount, I guess.

eBay: https://tinyurl.com/mr4azbw4

Walmart: https://tinyurl.com/3b33sexm
You can still get 25% off on the Weta site with discount code WETA4DC. You'd have to pay shipping, though.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote