Old 04-14-2023, 02:08 PM   #1
Mister H
Gen 13

Weta Frodo Baggins Classic Series

Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 02:09 PM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

Sam is the only Hobbit I would spend hundreds of dollars on. This one needs a tad bid of action to it I think.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:26 PM   #3
KiDD
Birdman

The likeness is OK but that seam in his torso looks awful plus he's very pricey for a hobbit when compared to Gandalf or Aragorn. I've been waiting to get a Frodo for a while now but I guess that I'll have to keep on waiting
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 05:03 PM   #4
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
The likeness is OK but that seam in his torso looks awful plus he's very pricey for a hobbit when compared to Gandalf or Aragorn. I've been waiting to get a Frodo for a while now but I guess that I'll have to keep on waiting
It?s not a seam, it?s part of the costume. Have a Google for some images.

If you want it cheaper, check local retailers or wait a few years for a sale.

Also the classic series aren?t supposed to be about action, they?re a portrait of the character in a classical pose similar to the old SSW line.
Jon_Boston_83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 04:07 AM   #5
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
It?s not a seam, it?s part of the costume. Have a Google for some images.

If you want it cheaper, check local retailers or wait a few years for a sale.

Also the classic series aren?t supposed to be about action, they?re a portrait of the character in a classical pose similar to the old SSW line.
And what do you call a line like that on a costume where one piece of fabric ends and another one starts? A seam.

The jacket definitely has one, and so does the vest when you look in close enough, but it's nowhere near that visible at least to my eye. This just makes it look like our boy has been sawed in half.

The museum poses I'm more than OK with.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 10:59 AM   #6
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
And what do you call a line like that on a costume where one piece of fabric ends and another one starts? A seam.

The jacket definitely has one, and so does the vest when you look in close enough, but it's nowhere near that visible at least to my eye. This just makes it look like our boy has been sawed in half.

The museum poses I'm more than OK with.
The pose was more in reply to Mister H, I really should multi quote

The seam has been admittedly quite stark in other pieces, especially the Iron Studios statue. It looks like two halves were just glued together.
Old 07-21-2023, 01:12 PM   #7
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdesrapes View Post
In the context of a statue or figure, especially collectible statues or action figures, the seam you're describing could be a result of the manufacturing process. When creating such items, they are often made in separate parts and then assembled together, leaving visible seams where the pieces are connected. These seams are more apparent in some products than others, depending on the manufacturer's design and production methods.

Some manufacturers take great care to minimize visible seams and blend the pieces together seamlessly, creating a more realistic and polished appearance. Others may not invest as much effort in hiding the seams, resulting in a more noticeable division between the parts.
It?s not a seam, it?s part of the costume