Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #2181
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just looked at mine...Ugh... she got more lines cracks! Had a couple lines on the back leg, & now lines popping up on the front legs as it wasn't there a month ago...I was hoping it wouldn't spread. Is it too late too call SS and get a refund for this crap that they sold to us folks?? Jeez.
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #2182
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
I just looked at mine...Ugh... she got more lines cracks! Had a couple lines on the back leg, & now lines popping up on the front legs as it wasn't there a month ago...I was hoping it wouldn't spread. Is it too late too call SS and get a refund for this crap that they sold to us folks?? Jeez.
Def not. Call them and get a refund.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #2183
BeastX
U talkin' to me?

Just received this Regular.... No paint cracks, no parts broken... 5xx/1500... packed in May 2012
BeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #2184
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Nice. Give it some time to breathe.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #2185
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Wait...the regular comes with the energy arm?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #2186
BeastX
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Wait...the regular comes with the energy arm?
Yes... only the Jim Lee inspired head is the exclusive (extra)... It comes with the 2 belts too....
BeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #2187
jimaras2099
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

awesome!!!congrats
jimaras2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #2188
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastX View Post
Just received this Regular.... No paint cracks, no parts broken... 5xx/1500... packed in May 2012
from what I see, the longer these pieces are displayed, the more the cracks appear or get worse. this indicates there is some connection with exposure to air maybe? I think a lot of the guys who got this at first did not see any cracks on their pieces either.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #2189
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
from what I see, the longer these pieces are displayed, the more the cracks appear or get worse. this indicates there is some connection with exposure to air maybe? I think a lot of the guys who got this at first did not see any cracks on their pieces either.
I posted it while back, when i stripped mine i found out there is no primer for any psylocke. No primer means nothing is bonding to the resin, meaning the paint is not bonded to the primer. So the paint directly to resin is not going to hold and will just flake off. if its not doing it now its not going to last in the long run.

Resin is a plastic, most paints wont stick to it and primer is needed for bonding. Of all the statues i stripped from all the companies, all of them have had a primer on them, wether its thick primer like bowen or thin primer coats like DC or SS. Moore tends to use a primer based paint thats super thick.

For psylocke, its a super thin skin paint onto resin, even the whole statue is not painted. they stopped at the boots and then painted blue paint directly to resin.

Even the base had no primer, just a think layer of gloss black paint onto resin.
Hope that helps understand why they are cracking.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #2190
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
I posted it while back, when i stripped mine i found out there is no primer for any psylocke. No primer means nothing is bonding to the resin, meaning the paint is not bonded to the primer. So the paint directly to resin is not going to hold and will just flake off. if its not doing it now its not going to last in the long run.

Resin is a plastic, most paints wont stick to it and primer is needed for bonding. Of all the statues i stripped from all the companies, all of them have had a primer on them, wether its thick primer like bowen or thin primer coats like DC or SS. Moore tends to use a primer based paint thats super thick.

For psylocke, its a super thin skin paint onto resin, even the whole statue is not painted. they stopped at the boots and then painted blue paint directly to resin.

Even the base had no primer, just a think layer of gloss black paint onto resin.
Hope that helps understand why they are cracking.
I would just keep a copy of this and post it on every page. People still have hope that this statue isn't going to crack and flake.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote