Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-07-2022, 10:49 AM   #1481
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade82628 View Post
Allright I'll contact them and see what they say.

If my memory served me right, my Sideshow Elektra arrived with a small gap in the right foot. I tured a blind eye and just let it be. Now three years later she still looked exatly the same as before. She's actually next to my Prime Ciri.
Are the statues close to the window?
I've seen some collectible display on youtube where the statues are at a window with the blinds closed, but I think unless you put some UV blocking protection on your windows, the statues overtime are still susceptible with some heat.
I have a window with blinds in my collection room, and when I sat in front of the window, I can feel a little bit of heat from the window eventhough my blinds are the thick wooden ones. So I dont put any figures/or statues in front of the windows.

I'm guessing some of the issues maybe is that overtime, those heat from windows might be also causing some of these issues?
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:28 PM   #1482
Wade82628
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
Are the statues close to the window?
I've seen some collectible display on youtube where the statues are at a window with the blinds closed, but I think unless you put some UV blocking protection on your windows, the statues overtime are still susceptible with some heat.
I have a window with blinds in my collection room, and when I sat in front of the window, I can feel a little bit of heat from the window eventhough my blinds are the thick wooden ones. So I dont put any figures/or statues in front of the windows.

I'm guessing some of the issues maybe is that overtime, those heat from windows might be also causing some of these issues?
Ciri is indeed in front of a window, but batgirl is far from one. For me this is not really a excuse since there are like four older sideshow statues in front of a window including Elektra and they are all fine.

I already sent Prime one an email about this, that's see what they say. If they blame the heat for Ciri then I'm curious what they'll say about batgirl.
Wade82628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #1483
Wade82628
Frackin!

Here's Prime one's reply:

Thank you for contacting us.

We are deeply sorry for this situation.

We are afraid that there may be multiple reasons causing the statues to lean.
We passed your suggestion to our development team and we are now looking for if there is any solution to it.

We apologize that we are not able to repair or send a replacement part for you due to the expired guarantee of 30 days after the item arrived.
We could assist you to prevent the status to lean continuously by providing you with some suggestions.

We will continue to produce high-end products in the future.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

I'll post here if there's more reply.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #1484
Lorrcan

Quote:

We passed your suggestion to our development team and we are now looking for if there is any solution to it.

We apologize that we are not able to repair or send a replacement part for you due to the expired guarantee of 30 days after the item arrived.
We could assist you to prevent the status to lean continuously by providing you with some suggestions.

Basically, they are charging you upwards of a thousand dollars to rent a statue for a while; then it falls to pieces. These companies are a disgrace.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 10:33 AM   #1485
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:

Wonder if the team find a solution..

Replacement or repair wasn't expected they don't have any of these left to replace with, long since sold out.

A partial refund would be nice so you can have someone fix it for you would be nice though. Maybe thats unrealistic?
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 10:47 AM   #1486
RemydaGambit

Yeah, I'm surprise they didnt offer a partial credit.

I would say, I suggest not to put statues in front of the window. I myself, almost put statues on mine, cause my window has one of those wooden ledge thingie, where you can put pillows and sit on it, and I thought, hey...I can put statues here too. Then one day, I was sitting on that ledge thing, and it took a little while, but I started feeling a little bit of heat from the window. It wasnt something that I felt right away when I first sat down, but gradual feeling, the longer I sat there.

So you may get in front of the window and feel its ok, but gradually, not realize there's a small amount of heat that may affect the statues.
The other statues may not be as susceptible as they have a better balance or engineering in their structure, but something that has a dynamic pose may be prone to it and cause a leaning issue.
You have to remember that although there's metal rods there, the rest of the statue is mainly polystone, which is plastic, which can warp with heat.

I've seen collectors put statues in front of windows, but they do mention that they use UV protection on their windows for protection.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #1487
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:

Suggestions?
Those will be interesting to know.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm surprise they didnt offer a partial credit.
As far as i am aware, Prime 1 are not in the habit of offering credit. They sometimes offer the option of you returning the statue (at your expense) and they will refund you the cost of the product.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 11:25 AM   #1488
Wade82628
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Suggestions?
Those will be interesting to know.

As far as i am aware, Prime 1 are not in the habit of offering credit. They sometimes offer the option of you returning the statue (at your expense) and they will refund you the cost of the product.
Nothing special just metal rods through the legs. Come to think of it, I should have suggest the heat test, meaning putting the statue in a heated environment for a period of time like this Chinese workshop Light year studio's statue pictured below. I think it's rather thoughtful. I'll recommend it to Prime one if they reply.

Actually Prime one does offer credits. My Aloy statue had a broken sash when arrived, and they give me three options. It was either full refund, partial credit if I can fix it myself, or a replacement part. I was too tired from my Sideshow mk7 maquette bs so I fixed it myself and got the credit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	82574.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	153559  
Old 09-08-2022, 02:08 PM   #1489
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
I've seen collectors put statues in front of windows, but they do mention that they use UV protection on their windows for protection.
UV light is not heat, infrared is heat. How does UV protection help prevent lean if lean is caused by heating the material?
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:33 PM   #1490
nearmint
Phoenix

I have 10 PFs displayed right in front of closed blinds in Southern California with no air conditioning, and the only piece that I've ever owned with a leaning problem (Elektra) was displayed on the other side of the room.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote