Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-30-2021, 03:24 AM   #981
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I know there will be those here only interested in the original 2 movies in 1/3 but thrilled to hear rumors Prime 1 may be doing Wolf too.

It was teased four (yes... 4!) Years ago at this point, along with Celtic. So who knows what is going on with them or if they are even still in the plans. I hope they are, and in 1/4.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:50 AM   #982
dao2
Cyclops

Celtic I don't care about... A wolf hell yeah
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:01 PM   #983
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Now's not the time for the Wolf Pred yet. Actually it would be a bad decision. Wait until the 1:3 is almost ready to ship & then reveal him.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #984
dao2
Cyclops

Not really planning on ordering this right now anyway, not like it's gonna sell out...
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:31 PM   #985
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It was tease four (yes... 4!) Years ago at this point, along with Celtic. So who knows what is going on with them or if they are even still in the plans. I hope they are, and in 1/4.
it's weird that Wolf was the first one ever teased so many years ago and for whatever reason put on the back burner. I think they really need to space things out if they are going to make more than 2 1/3 Predators. I'm heavily considering selling all my Predator statues minus the 1:1 busts and just getting those 1/3 pieces and being done with the license.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:06 AM   #986
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i'm over here looking at all these companies producing CRAZY pieces from all different properties.

If and when i purchase this, i want this to be the final Predator statue i buy. The flagship piece for my collection. I'm seeing the Heath Ledger Joker statues it seems like one company is leap-frogging the next and it appears there is no end in sight to the one-upping Joker statues.

I honestly don't know how it would be possible to "BEST" this piece. The SWS piece is out, the Steve Wang piece is out, if they don't beat this piece, I don't see how else it's possible. For me it's the perfect pose, my max budget, great size, super accurate, switch outs...ect. The only thing im thinking if he was cast in silicone but that would make him CRAZY expensive. He's not a human character where the only flesh that is exposed is his head, if the head is done in silicone the whole body would have to be the same.

I genuinely don't see how this piece can be one-upped in this price range. Am i not considering something? What do you guys think??? I'm sure a 1:2 could do it, but it's gonna be $6,000 that's just not possible.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:05 AM   #987
XMAN
Ultron

No question in my mind this is the best piece to own if you’re a predator fan… anything better than this is going to cost a lot more…. The only thing that can make this piece better is a complete close mouth headsculpt……
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:11 AM   #988
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey SHOGUN, you might want to wait to see if P1 announce a closed mouth head sculpt and see if they include it with the reg or DX version of the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, to decide which version you'll get.If this is going to be the only expensive Jungle Hunter Predator you'll ever buy, you don't want to end up ordering 1 version of it, only to realize later the other version ended up with the closed mouth head sculpt [as P1 recently announced the bust/head sculpt for their 1/3 Joker, it's likely P1 will do the same for the 1/3 Jungle Hunter].
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #989
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
No question in my mind this is the best piece to own if you’re a predator fan… anything better than this is going to cost a lot more…. The only thing that can make this piece better is a complete close mouth headsculpt……
I agree. It is the best. and anything better is going to cost a lot more money. I agree about the Closed Mouth Head sculpt, and i DO think they will offer it down the road as an add-on like the Joker bust.

but even if anyone of these Hyper-Real companies got the license, i don't see how that can make it more accurate, and how they can do a more tasteful Predator than this piece, meaning i think this is IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey SHOGUN, you might want to wait to see if P1 announce a closed mouth head sculpt, and see if they include it with the reg or DX version of the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, to decide which version you'll get.If this is going to be the only expensive Jungle Hunter Predator you'll ever buy, you don't want to end up ordering 1 version of it, only to realize later the other version ended up with the closed mouth head sculpt [as P1 just recently announced the extra head sculpt/bust for their 1/3 Joker, it's likely they'll do the same for the 1/3 Jungle Hunter also.]
i'm basically all-in on the DX at this point. I Don't see how or why they would include the Closed Mouth sculpt as part of the regular. I think it would only make sense as a part of the DX, but even then i don't think they're gonna give us another 1:2.5 scale Predator head because they are nice, they are gonna make us pay for it, if they do release it...and chances are gif i get the DX i'll buy that one too.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:23 AM   #990
jinkazama
Cobra Command

As the DX version already has 4 head sculpts, they may include the closed mouth head sculpt with the reg this time, instead of including it with the DX version.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote