Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-26-2021, 06:48 PM   #21
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
In french retailers, it is quite more expensive than a SS PF, a really simple 1/4 IS is €900 while a simple SS one is €600. I find the SS statues pretty close to the prototype (for my SS ones at least)
Honestly I find my Sideshow pieces to be the ‘worst’ when it comes to the transitions from prototype to production pieces. Especially when it came to their movie based pieces.

But keep in mind that the drop is ‘quality’ is usually because Sideshow prototypes are painted to near perfection, and it’s been very hard for the factories to duplicate. So movie pieces and some of the female face sculpt paints have been the worst offenders in this area.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:46 PM   #22
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Honestly I find my Sideshow pieces to be the ‘worst’ when it comes to the transitions from prototype to production pieces. Especially when it came to their movie based pieces.

But keep in mind that the drop is ‘quality’ is usually because Sideshow prototypes are painted to near perfection, and it’s been very hard for the factories to duplicate. So movie pieces and some of the female face sculpt paints have been the worst offenders in this area.
Worst SS example was that Wonder Woman, why did I buy that? Oh yea the hype.....
Saying that the latest Aquaman PF was pretty good though. SS is just hit and miss.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:00 PM   #23
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Worst SS example was that Wonder Woman, why did I buy that? Oh yea the hype.....
Saying that the latest Aquaman PF was pretty good though. SS is just hit and miss.
Yep WW to me was atrocious in comparison (imo, in that it has to be the worst case I have ever seen when it came to a drop in quality from Prototype to Production)…… at least in comparison to the prototype which was perfection. But if I had never seen the prototype I probably would’ve been happy with the production piece. But it was that piece that was the nail in the coffin for me, as after that I cancelled it and all my other Sideshow comic pieces as I decided to concentrate on movie pieces and mainly only from other manufacturers.

And honestly while I kind of like the Aquaman piece, I was the only person here who couldn’t get past the very dark ‘complexion’ they chose. It was as if he had a completely different background imo. The pieces from other manufacturers from Prime 1 (1/3), Iron Studio (1/10), Hot Toys (1/6), and Queen (1/2) have all had more accurate and ‘lighter’ complexions in comparison to Sideshows… though it can be argued that Sideshows face sculpt itself was pretty good.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:38 PM   #24
Frayhor
Sinister Six

I agree they are awful with the real actor pieces, I never bought one. I have only comics based statues.
And what about the difference of price in your countries between SS and IS ?
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:52 PM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I agree they are awful with the real actor pieces, I never bought one. I have only comics based statues.
And what about the difference of price in your countries between SS and IS ?
It’s pretty much the same. For the past few years it’s been around USD/0.60 to USD/0.65. But that’s from the retailers here in Australia (exchange rate now being USD/0.73). If I import it’s much worse. Closer to USD/0.40 if proper values are put on the custom forms. I’ve always understood that the prices of European retailers have been ridiculous high (even after accounting for currency fluctuations), especially in comparison to the prices Aussie stores have been able to score. Heck sometimes the early preorder prices (19% discounts) I could get for Sideshow pieces have been a tad lower than just the Sideshow cost for the statue (after accounting for somewhat terrible exchange rates), and that’s even before the free shipping we also get.

But when I started collecting 1/4 scale Iron Studio prices, the Aussie dollar had already crashed quite substantially. So my first piece from them was already pretty high in comparison, but at the time the face sculpts etc had already been shown to be far more impressive than Sideshows MCU pieces. Heck their production 1/10 face sculpts at the time absolutely crushed Sideshow’s movie pieces…. At least the ones they did in Polystone. The only ones I actually liked were the PVC head sculpts like the one for the Jyn Erso back in the day.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:21 AM   #26
Frayhor
Sinister Six

So in Australia you have a 19% discount on preorder for buying statues at your retailers ??? Wow not in France we always pay the final price.

But I don't understand why your Irons Studios statues are the same prices than Sideshiow ones and not in my country, that doen't make any sense to me. All the statues should have the same difference of value from a compagny to the other. For example, a ferrari will always cost more than a normal car, in every country in the world.

Btw, you perhaps already partly answered that in your previous post, as I'm not sure I have well understand everything in it
Old 09-27-2021, 10:31 AM   #27
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
So in Australia you have a 19% discount on preorder for buying statues at your retailers ??? Wow not in France we always pay the final price.

But I don't understand why your Irons Studios statues are the same prices than Sideshiow ones and not in my country, that doen't make any sense to me. All the statues should have the same difference of value from a compagny to the other. For example, a ferrari will always cost more than a normal car, in every country in the world.

Btw, you perhaps already partly answered that in your previous post, as I'm not sure I have well understand everything in it
I was saying that the cost is whatever it is in US dollars divided by an average 0.60 to 0.65 to get what it’s usually listed in Aussie dollars at our retailers. Note our currency is currently 0.73. Note that prices are all over the place depending on where pieces are sourced from and what our currency is at any given time. Sometimes preorder discounts are available at our main retailer of Popcultcha. Most Sideshow and Hot Toy pieces are automatically given a 10% discount, but as a VIP member I get a further 10% off of the remaining price, making it 19% off. Sometimes Iron Studio pieces have the same discounts, but Prime 1 never do, so on those I only get 10% discounts. Note that sometimes my 0.60 calculation is after the discount, but sometimes not. So pricing is all over the place.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #28
Frayhor
Sinister Six

And for the one leaving in the US, are Iron Studios and Sideshow 1/4 statues at the same price ?
Old 09-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #29
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
And for the one leaving in the US, are Iron Studios and Sideshow 1/4 statues at the same price ?
Usually Iron Studios is more expensive. Just refer to Sideshows website for both.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:39 PM   #30
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Usually Iron Studios is more expensive. Just refer to Sideshows website for both.
Oh great idea ! And thank you very much for all your answers, it was very kind of you