Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-20-2020, 06:08 AM   #351
built2shred
Phoenix

If anyone was curious about the Edition Sizes figured I'd type them up since I can't sleep

I was actually surprised at how low some of them were.

Joker - 600 ES
Wonder Woman - 800 ES
Aquaman - 700 ES
Superman - 600 ES
Flash - 700 ES
Lobo - MTO Exclusive
Deathstroke - 299 ES
Batman Hush - 399 ES
Cyborg - 259 ES
Harley Quinn (Version A - 88 ES) (Version B - 388 ES) Total = 476 ES
Bloodstorm - 228 ES
Green Lantern - 258 ES
Batman - 399 ES
Mera - MTO
Darkseid - 399 ES
Catwoman - 399 ES
Jessica Cruz - 300 ES

Black Adam
Supergirl
Shazam
Bizarro
Sinestro
Red Hood
Doomsday (New Version)
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:03 AM   #352
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think a lot of collectors don't really collect 1/6...only a minority of them. Thus, the low es.. secondly is, it may be due to the price of these 1/6 xm statues + shipping cost that turn off alot of collectors.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #353
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Its price. Tweeterhead offered their new 1/5th Hordak less than what most collectors paid for any XM 1/6th. P1 has a 1/5th line of Batman (I mean of course Batman) for the same price. I know "detailed base" and yeah it can and is a selling point. Heck I'm getting the Oniri creations Superman so I get it. But when i started collecting which isn't that long ago a 1/6th at $300 was outrageous. You still have collectors crying that 1/4th PF's are over $500. $500 1/6th is a tough pill to swallow.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #354
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

$500 a pop makes it hard to collect anything but the A listers and maybe a couple personal favorites. It also probably didn't help that Darkseid/Harley/Green Lantern were in the $750-$800 range. Looks like they came out of the gate strong with Joker and JL but sales weren't as good after that. Makes me even less optimistic about how long this line will continue now that they have a 1/4 license.

Hope they manage to put out a Martian Manhunter and John Stewart Green Lantern (more reasonably priced) before it's all over.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:56 PM   #355
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Those sales are about on par with their 1/4 stuff.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #356
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
$500 a pop makes it hard to collect anything but the A listers and maybe a couple personal favorites. It also probably didn't help that Darkseid/Harley/Green Lantern were in the $750-$800 range. Looks like they came out of the gate strong with Joker and JL but sales weren't as good after that. Makes me even less optimistic about how long this line will continue now that they have a 1/4 license.

Hope they manage to put out a Martian Manhunter and John Stewart Green Lantern (more reasonably priced) before it's all over.
Were the first few characters MTO? I can't remember... Either way I think XM was smart to ditch the MTO from a business perspective, a lot of times people won't order a statue until after they see in hand pictures... From a collector perspective the MTO was awesome in the sense you would get a fairly rare statue due to the low edition size but low editions sizes also means there's a chance they can't make enough profit, so they end the line...

Right now they plan on 24 characters for the 1/6 scale so that's a decent size for a collection... my best guess is will probably see another 4-5 characters before XM gives up on the 1:6 line... I just have a feeling once XM starts showing their 1:4 DC statues sales on the 1:6 are going to really drop off..
Old 06-20-2020, 06:07 PM   #357
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Those sales are about on par with their 1/4 stuff.
Well, if those kind of sales are what they expect, then maybe my doom and gloom is unnecessary. If they continue to pump these out with 300-500 ES then that's fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Were the first few characters MTO? I can't remember... Either way I think XM was smart to ditch the MTO from a business perspective, a lot of times people won't order a statue until after they see in hand pictures... From a collector perspective the MTO was awesome in the sense you would get a fairly rare statue due to the low edition size but low editions sizes also means there's a chance they can't make enough profit, so they end the line...

Right now they plan on 24 characters for the 1/6 scale so that's a decent size for a collection... my best guess is will probably see another 4-5 characters before XM gives up on the 1:6 line... I just have a feeling once XM starts showing their 1:4 DC statues sales on the 1:6 are going to really drop off..
I never paid close attention with the whole MTO thing they were doing. I know some Marvel 1/4 really went through the roof on the aftermarket though. My assessment pretty much aligns with yours on how this line may go, but if Sonic Boom is right, maybe it'll be okay. Also, if they start with the Dark Nights stuff in 1/4, that could give the 1/6 a little more time.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:07 PM   #358
Zinnk
Frackin!

Seems like there hasn't been a 1/6 reveal in ages now. I've seen a lot of news about MTG, the X-Men line, DC Samurai and DC 1/4 ... I feel like this line is slowly getting forgotten.

We had a Supergirl sneak-peak ages ago (we even had a painted proto), but no PO yet. Doomsday was "transformed" to 1/4 (I'm still happy we got 1/6 Darkseid ... some collectors have it in hand and it looks gorgeous, I think Doomsday would've been great in this scale as well). No new news about Bizzaro, Lex, Hawkman, Sinestro ... and no new characters reveals (I'd love to see the full Batman rogue gallery in this scale + a MM to complete the JL + many-many others).

From the looks of it, collectors (me included) are pretty happy with the pieces once they have it hand, so I would expect more of them being rolled out.

Do you think that this line has reached its peak and moving forward we'll only see 1-2 1/6's/year? (if any)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	135798   Click image for larger version

Name:	A2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	135799  
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:33 PM   #359
built2shred
Phoenix

What was the last preview we got? Was it Superboy & Damian?

They do still have a lot in the pipe though, I'm still waiting for 14 of them to be released that I've pre-ordered, I imagine they want to get some of these out to the collectors before starting more pre-orders...
Old 01-05-2021, 04:57 AM   #360
Zinnk
Frackin!

Yeah, the latest concept we saw was either "Hawkman" or the "Super Sons". The latest painted reveal was "Sinestro" and the last PO was "Reverse Flash".

I also have 8 pieces waiting to be delivered, but there's (still) room for more! Rebirth got me back in to comics, and the scale of these pieces, their bases + overall quality ... they all hit the sweet spot to me, so it would be a shame for the line to die.
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote