Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #11
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

A new Ultimate Alliance would be so great but I think it could never capture the magic of the old ones just because of weird licensing stuff. Those old ones had EVERYONE in them. Now I think Disney would not allow a spotlight on certain characters.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #12
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
A new Ultimate Alliance would be so great but I think it could never capture the magic of the old ones just because of weird licensing stuff. Those old ones had EVERYONE in them. Now I think Disney would not allow a spotlight on certain characters.
True, and that would suck because one of my favorite things was when you did team of four and got the power-up for making a team and the best was making the teams that weren't so obvious.

One of my favorites was making the "New' Fantastic Four with Hulk, Wolverine , Ghost Rider and Spider-man.

Well the good thing is that new Avengers trailer they put out not too long ago, maybe that will be something we can look forward too. Especially me, since I'm not going to get the Spider-man because I'm an Xbox user and instead of buying a PS4 just for that I'll probably just upgrade to a Xbox Scorpio.

Though I did think about buying a PS4 just for Spider-man...as stupid as that sounds.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #13
MartyMcFly160
A day without sunshine is like... night.

"free to play" usually translate to "pay to win" which always ruins games. . .
MartyMcFly160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh my love of MUA. If they do release another one, I do so hope you can still play on the same screen. I miss games like that.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #15
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
True, and that would suck because one of my favorite things was when you did team of four and got the power-up for making a team and the best was making the teams that weren't so obvious.

One of my favorites was making the "New' Fantastic Four with Hulk, Wolverine , Ghost Rider and Spider-man.

Well the good thing is that new Avengers trailer they put out not too long ago, maybe that will be something we can look forward too. Especially me, since I'm not going to get the Spider-man because I'm an Xbox user and instead of buying a PS4 just for that I'll probably just upgrade to a Xbox Scorpio.

Though I did think about buying a PS4 just for Spider-man...as stupid as that sounds.
Agreed with everything you said. Right down to using an XB1 and considering for a second getting a PS4 just for Spiderman lol

All I want is just a good linear story based 1-player game where you can play as a super hero. Then once you beat it you can unlock Thanos as a playable character. Is that so much to ask?
Old 04-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #16
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Agreed with everything you said. Right down to using an XB1 and considering for a second getting a PS4 just for Spiderman lol

All I want is just a good linear story based 1-player game where you can play as a super hero. Then once you beat it you can unlock Thanos as a playable character. Is that so much to ask?
True, I really do wish more Comic based properties would get game treatment.

I heard, but did not play, Green Lantern - Rise of The Manhunters was good. Unfortunately it was tied to a crappy movie.

If they ever make it backward compatible I might give that a go.

I'm also hoping both WB Games Montreal and Rocksteady Studios has good news for us at E3.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #17
MrJones

Same here, but I'm really a Marvel guy when it comes to comics so it would be nice to have some sweet Marvel games. I can always get down with another Batman Arkham game though. Those are brilliant. I have my PO on Injustice 2 as well, looking forward to it.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:19 AM   #18
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Same here, but I'm really a Marvel guy when it comes to comics so it would be nice to have some sweet Marvel games. I can always get down with another Batman Arkham game though. Those are brilliant. I have my PO on Injustice 2 as well, looking forward to it.
Marvel just needs to jump in with the games. I'm hoping Spider-man PS4 and Avengers starts that. I'm also hoping DC continues with theirs. Injustice does look damn good, I'll probably hop on that closer to release.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #19
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Marvel just needs to jump in with the games. I'm hoping Spider-man PS4 and Avengers starts that. I'm also hoping DC continues with theirs. Injustice does look damn good, I'll probably hop on that closer to release.
I was actually going to hold out on Injustice but decided to trade in some games and had some gift cards from Christmas left over so I was able to get it for "free" so I went with it. I posted a video in the Injustice thread, there is a new gear function that has me very excited.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #20
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
I was actually going to hold out on Injustice but decided to trade in some games and had some gift cards from Christmas left over so I was able to get it for "free" so I went with it. I posted a video in the Injustice thread, there is a new gear function that has me very excited.
Yeah, my birthday is at the end of the month so i just grabbed a copy of Return to Arkham for $30 off ebay. I figure that should hold me over until E3 and other games launch later in the year.

Like you I love Comic based games. I play other stuff but mostly Action Adventure or RPGs. I'm not shooter guy.

Though last night I was thinking about our discussion on Spider-man and I was thinking you know what would awesome? If Since Marvel did a exclusive deal with Sony, why couldn't they do the same with a game for Microsoft. Maybe have the Gears of War team put together a Punisher Game on that engine.

It would look fantastic!!