Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #51
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This is youtube trying to cover their own arse. COPPA is supposed to prevent the collection, use, and distribution of personal information of children. If you're reviewing statues, what part of that law are you breaking? By trying to cover themselves, youtube has caused this mess and made things confusing and uncertain for content creators. Youtube intentionally broke the law and outed themselves by sharing data they had collected on children with potential advertisers. And now they're trying to wash their hands of this and put in on the content creators.

The FTC will not go after creators except in the most blatant cases where they do in fact break that law. This situation reminds me of people pirating movies who would receive warnings / notices from their service provider that they were risking being fined by the FTC. The service providers sent these to cover themselves. And the only people who were fined were those who were distributing and profiting from the pirated movies.
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #52
gingalore
Kindly Asked To Leave

I also think that there is too much of inappropriate content on YouTube. Don't know where the service is going with it. Why aren't they going to bar it? Do you have any updates on this so far?
gingalore is offline   Reply With Quote