Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-06-2019, 11:53 PM   #221
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

I think the pose is great. The clay pose was pretty good too though. This is more of a relaxed pose for Cammy, like she's snarkily looking at someone behind her. PCS seems to be doing relaxed/calm poses for the 1:3 SF statues so that had to be considered
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #222
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
It is, confirmed on fb
(was also mentioned to ignore the neck so I'm guessing it's not 100% finished)
Fantastic! Very happy this will stay mixed media.

The more I look at the render the more I like it. The anatomy and proportions are much better than the sculpt was IMO.

I hope they do it tweak it a little more.
The ends of her ponytails look too big.
Maybe its just me, Her boots look like pirate boots. Would help if they narrowed the top cuff.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #223
Augen
Metal Men

I thought the physical sculpt was great, and the new digital render looks great too. Just hope to see it completed.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #224
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Anyone know why this has taken so long? I’m a die hard and mega Cammy fan and this is the first statue that I’ve followed very closely, thus I’m not at all familiar with how production of these kind of statues go. They announced this well over a year ago if I recall and they haven’t been able to finish it despite looking like it was near completion when they posted updated pics around April/May. They also said she would be revealed at NYCC. Fast forward to NYCC and she’s not there and they still seem to be in the sculpting phase.

Not that I’m in any rush for it, I’m just curious is all.

Also, is it common for PCS to be really candid with production? I was extremely happy when they said they would do a SF5 version but apparently after a poll on Facebook they scrapped it in favor of the SF2 version and that was incredibly disappointing to me. I’m all for giving updates on production but doing so there’s always going to be a lot of critiquing from all over the spectrum. With that being said, I hope that doesn’t affect the integrity of PCSs vision for the statue. I would much rather have PCS version of the statue than random person in the internet’s version.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #225
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool1sky View Post
Anyone know why this has taken so long? I’m a die hard and mega Cammy fan and this is the first statue that I’ve followed very closely. thus I’m not at all familiar with how production of these kind of statues go. They announced this well over a year ago if I recall and they haven’t been able to finish it despite looking like it was near completion when they posted updated pics around April/May. Fast forward to now and they still seem to be in the sculpting phase.

Not that I’m in any rush for it, I’m just curious is all.

Also, is it common for PCS to be really candid with production? I was extremely happy when they said they would do a SF5 version but apparently after a poll on Facebook they scrapped it in favor of the SF2 version and that was incredibly disappointing to me. I’m all for giving updates on production but doing so there’s always going to be a lot of critiquing from all over the spectrum. With that being said, I hope that doesn’t affect the integrity of PCSs vision for the statue. I would much rather have PCS version of the statue than random person in the internet’s version.
As far as i am aware, no official statement has been put out with regards to delays. For anyone that has been following the slow progress is well aware of the slight changes made to the pose from time to time. Being sculpted using clay, these changes take time. Quite who is requesting the changes isn't known, although an educated guess might include the licence holder. The sudden jump from clay to 3D computer modelling suggests the clay version wasn't hitting the mark for what ever reason? who knows, maybe the sculptor got fed up having to make changes? as with many other PCS pieces being announced, the new owners of PCS appear to like 3D computer sculpting. For one, it's faster, changes can be made quicker.

The 3D computer model of Cammy has fighter style muscle tone in her legs, more so compared to the traditional clay sculpt. I prefer the portrait of the clay sculpt and the pose.

I'd like to see a 3D computer sculpt of Laura Matsuda 1/3 scale wearing green. I'm not sold on the 1/4 bikini piece from PCS
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #226
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I'm loving the new version MUCH more than the clay one. Tbh I got tired and lost intrest waiting for an update on the clay version. If 3D renders will speed up the process AND look beter than the clay versions I'm all for it. Day one PO for me

It is, confirmed on fb
(was also mentioned to ignore the neck so I'm guessing it's not 100% finished)
Good to read. looking forward to render updates with a thong
Cammy without a thong is like Ryu without a red bandana. just not the same.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #227
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

It would be nice if it riding up a bit more yeah.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:34 AM   #228
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
As far as i am aware, no official statement has been put out with regards to delays. For anyone that has been following the slow progress is well aware of the slight changes made to the pose from time to time. Being sculpted using clay, these changes take time. Quite who is requesting the changes isn't known, although an educated guess might include the licence holder. The sudden jump from clay to 3D computer modelling suggests the clay version wasn't hitting the mark for what ever reason? who knows, maybe the sculptor got fed up having to make changes? as with many other PCS pieces being announced, the new owners of PCS appear to like 3D computer sculpting. For one, it's faster, changes can be made quicker.

The 3D computer model of Cammy has fighter style muscle tone in her legs, more so compared to the traditional clay sculpt. I prefer the portrait of the clay sculpt and the pose.

I'd like to see a 3D computer sculpt of Laura Matsuda 1/3 scale wearing green. I'm not sold on the 1/4 bikini piece from PCS
Thanks for the insight. After thinking about it, I am almost certain they were going to reveal her at NYCC, as this was said multiple times by their Facebook admin. But a few days before the con they probably held a, for lack of a better term, "test screening" that resulted in poor reception? This could explain the sudden jump from clay to computer and what seems like the billionth time they have changed her pose. I find it really bizarre that they would announce she was going to be revealed at NYCC only for them to fall back on their word and then reveal a different pose in a computer render. What happened to the clay model? Why was there such a long gap(5 months) between the last update pics and the most recent one? Why the inaccurate announcement of a NYCC reveal? Why after an entire year is this still in the sculpting phase? I understand things happen but it all seems really odd.

I dont know, as a fan and buyer it makes me somewhat concerned. It seems like they're not even confident with what they want.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:29 AM   #229
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool1sky View Post
Thanks for the insight. After thinking about it, I am almost certain they were going to reveal her at NYCC, as this was said multiple times by their Facebook admin. But a few days before the con they probably held a, for lack of a better term, "test screening" that resulted in poor reception? This could explain the sudden jump from clay to computer and what seems like the billionth time they have changed her pose. I find it really bizarre that they would announce she was going to be revealed at NYCC only for them to fall back on their word and then reveal a different pose in a computer render. What happened to the clay model? Why was there such a long gap(5 months) between the last update pics and the most recent one? Why the inaccurate announcement of a NYCC reveal? Why after an entire year is this still in the sculpting phase? I understand things happen but it all seems really odd.

I dont know, as a fan and buyer it makes me somewhat concerned. It seems like they're not even confident with what they want.
I wonder if the clay sculpt got as far as painted status?

Chun-Li 1/3 was a mixture of clay and 3D computer generated (the portrait atleast).
I wonder if Cammy will use both sculpt methods? for the moment i doubt it.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:37 AM   #230
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I wonder if the clay sculpt got as far as painted status?

Chun-Li 1/3 was a mixture of clay and 3D computer generated (the portrait atleast).
I wonder if Cammy will use both sculpt methods? for the moment i doubt it.
Heh I think it was more than painted. Matter of fact I think the clay sculpt was finished and completed. With paint, clothing, definition, and everything. Why else would you say she’s going to be revealed at NYCC in her own case a month before the date of NYCC? You would only say that if it was finished or near finish. I’m dead certain you would not say that if the sculpting was not already done. And judging by their recent update, it’s not, and they have not even started on clothes, let alone the paint. They’re still weeks if not months away based on their NYCC “reveal” post. The timelines don’t match. They for sure scrapped the finished clay sculpt and went back to the drawing board i.e. the computer render image we just got 3 days ago.