Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 09-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #1
chasehasadog
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

X-Factor Cyclops Statue Question (perhaps dilemma...)

Hi! I recently purchased one of these from dc-marvelcomics on ebay (excellent seller btw). They have a few in stock (#'s 3/4/5). There was no damage to the box but the statue was cracked in various places. The seller accepted my return. They checked the other two and they displayed the same issue. I reached out to Boondockcollectibles about the one they have listed (#255). It has the same issue. My next option on ebay is slouie10 (100% feedback). We've gone back and forth a few times about this. They have a couple in stock that are factory sealed. The seller has sold a few in the past and claims that were no issues. They will not check the statues due to them being factory sealed. They do not offer refunds/replacements and if it is damaged I will have to go after USPS instead of them. Total BS.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this statue? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	117447   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	117448  
chasehasadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasehasadog View Post
Hi! I recently purchased one of these from dc-marvelcomics on ebay (excellent seller btw). They have a few in stock (#'s 3/4/5). There was no damage to the box but the statue was cracked in various places. The seller accepted my return. They checked the other two and they displayed the same issue. I reached out to Boondockcollectibles about the one they have listed (#255). It has the same issue. My next option on ebay is slouie10 (100% feedback). We've gone back and forth a few times about this. They have a couple in stock that are factory sealed. The seller has sold a few in the past and claims that were no issues. They will not check the statues due to them being factory sealed. They do not offer refunds/replacements and if it is damaged I will have to go after USPS instead of them. Total BS.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this statue? Thanks
You can use ebay and pay with papal and if the statue is damaged he has to take it back per ebay rules so you are safe.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
You can use ebay and pay with papal and if the statue is damaged he has to take it back per ebay rules so you are safe.

xforce, do you have that statue, and if so, does it shows sign of cracked paint like in his photos?

Interesting, cause I would like to know as well.

Thank you
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #4
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That cracking is caused over time because it’s stored in extreme temp conditions. Too damp or cold and left for long periods of time in that environment. Chemically reacting and it’s pretty much ruined day this point unless you strip and repaint

That eBay seller DC.... sold me Batman beyond warner bros maquette and it had cracks like that everywhere. They stored this stuff in a warehouse and left it to rot for years. Now they are dumping it off eBay. I’d be very careful buying from them and it’s over priced huge. One of the worst for that
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:06 PM   #5
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
That cracking is caused over time because it’s stored in extreme temp conditions. Too damp or cold and left for long periods of time in that environment. Chemically reacting and it’s pretty much ruined day this point unless you strip and repaint

That eBay seller DC.... sold me Batman beyond warner bros maquette and it had cracks like that everywhere. They stored this stuff in a warehouse and left it to rot for years. Now they are dumping it off eBay. I’d be very careful buying from them and it’s over priced huge. One of the worst for that
Thanks for letting us know. What about "Boondockcollectibles" are they reputable?
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote