crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Getting 3 thx
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:01 PM   #462
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hmm, so i cancelled the Gal Gadot version... and this looks a hella lot better.. Really like this. I am making excuses why i should order this!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #463
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Jeffries View Post
New Pictures
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/by-...re-approaches/

she comes in at $550 -$560 E!!!
Dayum! Was certain I was going to pass on this but now I am not.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #464
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Dayum! Was certain I was going to pass on this but now I am not.
Newbie question. How much is shipping from Sideshow? Debating if I pre order through them or get it at my local comic shop.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:16 PM   #465
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Newbie question. How much is shipping from Sideshow? Debating if I pre order through them or get it at my local comic shop.
Depends on the box size. I'd estimate $35 to Kentucky probably. But thats a guess.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #466
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Shipping would be a little bit more than your sales tax, but you won't be able to get an EX from your local shop. You would have to order through Sideshow directly to get an EX, if the skirt matters to you.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:53 PM   #467
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Shipping would be a little bit more than your sales tax, but you won't be able to get an EX from your local shop. You would have to order through Sideshow directly to get an EX, if the skirt matters to you.
Shops that I’ve bought from, if you pay in cash, don’t charge tax. I haven’t bought from a shop in years though
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:57 PM   #468
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

It won't.
LOL. Even though the production dropoff can be rather obvious with SS, I don't always mind it. That said, I already don't like the duckbill eyelashes here. I'm not sure if anything better is achievable at this scale (actually that's not true, but I need to stop referencing Blitzway in every product thread.) but I don't feel like Sideshow set themselves for a particularly challenging production matching this prototype compared to their Red Sonja pieces, for example.

Things like the lava base and clumpy hair have tripped them up in the past with pieces like Darseid and Dark Phoenix, but the latter at least might be better hidden by the black-painted hair. The EX skirt is also the only part of her outfit with significant texturing and I doubt the defined musculature, which is the highlight here, will be lost in the final product.

I don't know. I'll probably get this as a companion to Cheetah, but it doesn't make me outright forget the upcoming P1 New 52 version like I'd hoped (maybe I just have a soft spot for the silver costume.)
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #469
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
LOL. Even though the production dropoff can be rather obvious with SS, I don't always mind it. That said, I already don't like the duckbill eyelashes here. I'm not sure if anything better is achievable at this scale (actually that's not true, but I need to stop referencing Blitzway in every product thread.) but I don't feel like Sideshow set themselves for a particularly challenging production matching this prototype compared to their Red Sonja pieces, for example.

Things like the lava base and clumpy hair have tripped them up in the past with pieces like Darseid and Dark Phoenix, but the latter at least might be better hidden by the black-painted hair. The EX skirt is also the only part of her outfit with significant texturing and I doubt the defined musculature, which is the highlight here, will be lost in the final product.

I don't know. I'll probably get this as a companion to Cheetah, but it doesn't make me outright forget the upcoming P1 New 52 version like I'd hoped (maybe I just have a soft spot for the silver costume.)
you like the new52 version more than this one?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #470
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Good point.
I am surprised some people are talking about buying this cheaper on second hand market. From my experience premium statues rarely drop in price and this one looks like it could be a big hit.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote