Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #501
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I would love the ability to switch it out. Only for selfish reasons. Just because I guess 3 of my Thanos statues already have a permanent gauntlet.
As someone who doesn't yet have a Thanos statue, I would be sorely disappointed if he didn't have the Infinity Gauntlet.

I agree with the more cosmic theme to his throne.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:27 PM   #502
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Agreed. I personally don't want a skull throne either.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #503
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I have already addressed this issue. Once again, the people that even comment on pricing on this board likely don't even make up 1% of sideshow's total customer base. So it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that Sideshow would adjust pricing based on what a few misc people on some misc internet forum are saying.

Do I have absolute proof? Well, besides IGO stating as such, nope, but I know enough about business and how business's are run to know that Sidehow isn't making pricing decisions based off of a few misc posts on the internet, most of which aren't even suggesting they will buy at said prices. Most of those posts are just people guessing prices. There is MORE than enough legitimate quality pricing data in the market itself. For example, thier pre order numbers for past statues at various prices and the success of other statues around the industry at various price levels. Now if you want to believe that a company of Sideshow's stature, one that has more than enough money and resources to actually come up with legitmate and useful pricing data, is running around listening to ancedotal pricing remarks on various internet forums and actually using the info they get from those ancedotal remarks to make pricing adjustments that will effect 100% of thier customer base.....well, by all means believe it. You can also think the world is flat and the sky is red as well. Myself, I know better. I know the people running Sideshow are much smarter than that. These aren't kids selling lemonade on the street.

Don't worry, I won't make any more comments regarding this matter as I have already made my point on this topic on mutilpe occassions. So if you want to run around suggesting this "Sideshow internet pricing scheme" is real, by all means, run around shouting it from the StatueForum rooftops. I couldn't care less from this point forward. Again, I have already said my piece on this matter. You can only do so much when it comes to trying to educate people, especially on the internet. At some point you just have to give up and let the people say what they will. By the way, you can also say the sky is red and the world is flat. You won't get any flack from me on those 2 either. I am done involving myself in utterly foolish arguments and yes, suggesting that Sideshow is changing prices based on what a few misc StatueForum members post is so beyond utterly foolish, it makes the sky is red and world is flat comments seen tame by comparison. Dont get me wrong, I fully intend to continue making price guesses myself and I might even increase my guesses by a good 20-25% just for the hell of it. Let Sideshow think I am willing to pay $750-$900 for a PF statue, lol.

To sum this up, my take is that if you have an understanding of how the business world works, even just a little bit, and you have that really important second component called common sense, it becomes PAINFULLY clear just how ridiculous the idea is that Sideshow would change pricing for 100% of its customer base based on ancedotal comments made by people that likely don't even make up 1% of thier customer base.
So ...basically your argument is based on what you think you know about business. Even those percentages you are using are based on your guess. Its not based on anything concrete ...like you are an SSC employee in marketing with first hand knowledge. You don't have solid evidence that SSC is using or is not using these "price guesses" in any way as marketing data ...no matter how small or big it is. In other words, your argument is based on speculation and conjecture.

So that's been my point all along. We don't know if SSC is using or not using these "price guesses" as marketing data to help with pricing. There is no way to know.

You talk of business understanding and common sense ... you talk of educating people on the internet, but really ...you, Orange Crush, just don't know. You talk like your knowledge is absolute and your side of the argument is always right ...but really, its NOT. So just stop acting like that to our fellow board members. Just stop.

Yes, go ahead and keep making price guesses ...if that will make you feel better.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #504
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Sideshow has been known to raise prices while at the same time lowering QC to maximize their profit. People are not blind about this and it's bound to backfire on SS eventually if they keep massively producing pieces like toys at Wal-Mart.

If they wanna charge an arm and a leg for Thanos I say good luck with that business model. People are not stupid and the days they threw money at SS blindly are over or almost to the brink of ending. You get better value and better quality from many other companies coming out and just because it's a "THRONE PIECE" doesn't mean squat anymore, it won't be a Doom on Throne and it won't be Magneto on Throne it will be a MASSIVELY produced throne piece people will determine from it's quality if it's worth getting or not after others get it in hands do reviews and post videos and pictures of what we actually get from the Chinese factory. We live in a consumer savvy era and that is exactly what many people said they will be doing if they are interested in a piece from SS, no more gambling with our money to get a product with questionable quality.

We're loaning them money for an entire year up front with no interest earned for a massively produced piece which should at least raise in value but instead doesn't.

Think wisely what you do with your money because it's your money and you should get a high quality product for YOUR MONEY in a so-called "Limited Edition Statue" market.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #505
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I forget who it was or who posted it but someone/some company had did one. Yes, it is risky but sure would be cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The only floating things I remember were those little eggattack iron man figures.
There is a smaller Millennium Falcon and Batwing in the works as well. Not remotely collectible or the correct scale though. All you need is the proper magnets. Regardless of the statue weight it will work if done properly and no need to worry about a power source.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #506
Snipper
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Kinetiquettes did a levitating Bison Statue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVMiIbCkRGk

Floating Dhalsim (prototype)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T-lS940KVU
Snipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #507
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
I hope Tanis the throne is not over $600+
I heard Tanis will be around $450. Thanos on the other hand will easily be over $600.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #508
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I heard Tanis will be around $450. Thanos on the other hand will easily be over $600.
I hope Tanis comes with the Cosmic Ice Cube.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #509
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You throw away the box and packing that is designed specifically for your statues?

Color me confused....
I do keep the box with the art on it. I just break it down and store it flat. I do however throw away the brown shipping box and the big block of Styrofoam that the statue comes stored in.

As for your confusion, let me try and help with that. Each box for a 1:4 statue is roughly 2-3 square feet, give or take a bit. Thats just a general estimate given how different the sizes can be for each box. I currently own 26 - 1:4 statues with another 18 on pre order right now. That means with just the statues I already own, I was looking at roughly 52 to 78 square feet. Add the statues on pre order (36 to 54 square feet) and the total would be 88 to 132 square feet.

This is what 100 square feet looks like:

Here is a 100 square foot storage space:

People are always talking about how space is an issue with statue collecting. Well, personally, I think the boxes pose a much bigger space issue than the statues themselves and for what? Storing a bunch of empty boxes? If statue collecting was my only hobby and I had plenty of room for 100+ sqaure feet of empty boxes, I would keep them. Unforunately, I have a lot of collecting hobbies and I was beginning to run into serious space issues. Basically I had a choice, I could either start selling stuff to make more room available or I could throw away a bunch of empty boxes that were doing nothing for me but taking up space. The choice was an easy one.

Don't get me wrong, it was really hard throwing them away and I 2nd guessed myself the entire time. I almost turned around and picked them all back up a couple of times, but once I really committed to it and they were gone, oh man, it was like a 10,000 pound weight had been lifted off my chest. It was incredible and the amount of space it cleared up was significant.

I now use an old steamer trunk for storage for all of the extra portraits, weapons, etc. for all of my statues. I took the bottoms of Light Imressions print boxes and filled them with cut away foam. I was able to fit 5 layers in the steamer trunk and its FAR more secure than the original boxes and styrofoam.

Anyways, I hope that clears up some confusion. I am not in this hobby for investment purposes and I really have no intent on selling my statues. So the boxes were just dead weight. Dead weight that was taking up a LOT of space. Again, I still have the main statue boxes, the ones with the art on it. I just broke those down and store them flat. They take up barely any space at all.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #510
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So ...basically your argument is based on what you think you know about business. Even those percentages you are using are based on your guess. Its not based on anything concrete ...like you are an SSC employee in marketing with first hand knowledge. You don't have solid evidence that SSC is using or is not using these "price guesses" in any way as marketing data ...no matter how small or big it is. In other words, your argument is based on speculation and conjecture.

So that's been my point all along. We don't know if SSC is using or not using these "price guesses" as marketing data to help with pricing. There is no way to know.

You talk of business understanding and common sense ... you talk of educating people on the internet, but really ...you, Orange Crush, just don't know. You talk like your knowledge is absolute and your side of the argument is always right ...but really, its NOT. So just stop acting like that to our fellow board members. Just stop.

Yes, go ahead and keep making price guesses ...if that will make you feel better.
Hey...that's my description...he can't have that distinction. That's mine.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote