Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #11
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
It's not all about the base but the base is incredibly important. I personally don't like simple bases, the base sets the piece apart and makes it special. intricate detailed bases in their own style set Prime 1 apart from other Statue companies.

I think this can go either way. I'm with you in that I generally think a base can make or break a good statue, and I do love to see a nicely themed base to finish off a nice figure sculpt. These Comic Predators being in this group. But there are also occasions where all is required is a nice simple classy base, this for example which is arguably one of the finest Alien sculpts ever and it's simple base is no detraction, all eyes on the big guy....

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I like simple bases. I like environmental bases. Both have merits to me, depending on character, theme, etc.

The only type I don't like is the "family picture" type. See Prime 1 Guts. Jam so many disparate components into one scene. "Everybody huddle up! CHEESE!"
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Yea all I want is a Classic Jungle Predator. SS’s maquette looked too off for me.
which one? The 1st or 2nd maquette they did?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #14
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
which one? The 1st or 2nd maquette they did?
Oh the most recent release. The first one is cool but way too pricey now.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:34 AM   #15
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Poor jungle predator. You deserved better than your crappy misplaced armor and messed up body proportions and lame typical SS 'battle damage' marks. Poor guy. "low stock remaining" yeah only like 700 left in stock. Better buy while you can because you may never have another opportunity to buy trash from producers who don't have time to make some changes to ensure they sell out after the investment is made.

Boy, it's like they had management change or something between now and years ago when they were making nice stuff. It's like EA or ATT bought them out and the first thing they did was wipe out everything they could to save money and one of the new laws they set up was 'thou shalt not go back and correct noob mistakes"
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:39 AM   #16
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

BTW I know the popular opinion is for Prime to do movie preds but IDK man, I really really like that they are doing comicbook predator. It has been neglected for far too long and I would love to see some AvP statues from the original comic series. It's my all time favorite Pred and Alien comic series followed by the Aliens mini series.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:30 AM   #17
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Some people are never happy.

It’s a great thing what they’re doing.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #18
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Poor jungle predator. You deserved better than your crappy misplaced armor and messed up body proportions and lame typical SS 'battle damage' marks. Poor guy. "low stock remaining" yeah only like 700 left in stock. Better buy while you can because you may never have another opportunity to buy trash from producers who don't have time to make some changes to ensure they sell out after the investment is made.

Boy, it's like they had management change or something between now and years ago when they were making nice stuff. It's like EA or ATT bought them out and the first thing they did was wipe out everything they could to save money and one of the new laws they set up was 'thou shalt not go back and correct noob mistakes"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
BTW I know the popular opinion is for Prime to do movie preds but IDK man, I really really like that they are doing comicbook predator. It has been neglected for far too long and I would love to see some AvP statues from the original comic series. It's my all time favorite Pred and Alien comic series followed by the Aliens mini series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Some people are never happy.

It’s a great thing what they’re doing.
Such good posts here.

Sadshow gonna Sadshow.

I want more than just the film characters. I grew up with the books and comics, the Kenner figures and video games. They mean something to me and there are some very cool designs in there.

We've suffered through fifty-thousand variations of Batman, you would think people would be okay with a handful of Predator/Alien variants.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #19
Cromulon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Yea all I want is a Classic Jungle Predator. SS’s maquette looked too off for me.
Sideshow maquette was highly inaccurate and overpriced. It should have been half the price.... 1,000+ for a sideshow piece like that is just a plain rip off. Its a right in your face, "this is predator therefore we can charge 4× the normal retail value.."
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #20
Cromulon
Justice League

can we get a big chap xeno.. that isn't picking up the soap..
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote