Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #191
Augen
Metal Men

Question

Jeremy,

I just got Batgirl Gotham City Garage and I cannot get her to be locked in with hands on handlebars and foot on seat. She is very unstable and I worry easily fall and snap off the handlebars. Any tips?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:51 PM   #192
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Jeremy,

I just got Batgirl Gotham City Garage and I cannot get her to be locked in with hands on handlebars and foot on seat. She is very unstable and I worry easily fall and snap off the handlebars. Any tips?
Jeremy might be the only one who got his Batgirl to assemble correctly, lol. My LCS has one where she's not gripping the handle, either.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:03 PM   #193
Augen
Metal Men

Because I own it I can confidently tell you that left arm is applying a lot of pressure on the handlebar. Notice how the brake is being pushed forward?

Again, amazing piece and I love the design of Batgirl. It does seem to have an engineering issue though.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #194
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Because I own it I can confidently tell you that left arm is applying a lot of pressure on the handlebar. Notice how the brake is being pushed forward?

Again, amazing piece and I love the design of Batgirl. It does seem to have an engineering issue though.
Yeah, I looked at your pix in your thread. Really surprised that she's standing on the bike using a magnet instead of a peg.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:33 AM   #195
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Nice
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #196
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Did your Batgirl come with an instruction sheet Augen? I just put mine together in the order on the sheet. If you didn’t get one I can dig mine out of the attic sometime this week. I left it in the box.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:33 PM   #197
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Did your Batgirl come with an instruction sheet Augen? I just put mine together in the order on the sheet. If you didn’t get one I can dig mine out of the attic sometime this week. I left it in the box.
I did, it shows right hand on handlebar, foot on seat, and then left hand on handlebar and lock in left shoulder to body. The issue I see is her body length is such that doing this puts a lot of stress on the handlebars. I couldn't find a video anywhere of people assembling her to see if I missed something.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:46 PM   #198
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
I did, it shows right hand on handlebar, foot on seat, and then left hand on handlebar and lock in left shoulder to body. The issue I see is her body length is such that doing this puts a lot of stress on the handlebars. I couldn't find a video anywhere of people assembling her to see if I missed something.
Sounds exactly how I did mine and I had no issues. Weird they would be off that much statue to statue. I looked at mine again and no pressure at all on the handlebars.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #199
Gothamite
Phoenix

Yeah, yours is able to assemble with the foot on the seat where the magnet is.

Spoiler

Maybe the resin just needs to soften a bit?
Old 01-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #200
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Sounds exactly how I did mine and I had no issues. Weird they would be off that much statue to statue. I looked at mine again and no pressure at all on the handlebars.
I tried again...and I just don't trust those handlebars not to snap trying to get her foot right. I can live with it as is.