Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 01-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #51
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
it has some purple on it but not overwhelming. best pics so far here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...=1&pnref=story
There definitely appears to be a hint of purple in those photo's. Hard to believe the company that created and designed this creature could mess up on the colour like that. Then again, they did give us an Eowyn statue with a pastel green dress instead of white so it really shouldn't be surprising.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #52
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
There definitely appears to be a hint of purple in those photo's. Hard to believe the company that created and designed this creature could mess up on the colour like that. Then again, they did give us an Eowyn statue with a pastel green dress instead of white so it really shouldn't be surprising.
Who said the purple tint messes up the bust? Have you really seen the movie fell beast? Same color scheme!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fellbeast.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	111082  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #53
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Who said the purple tint messes up the bust? Have you really seen the movie fell beast? Same color scheme!!
Just rewatched the Frodo at Osgiliath and Eowyn vs the ML scenes. I saw a fell beast that's darker grey on top, lighter grey on the bottom, with a translucent sheen to the scales......sorry, no purple. BTW, the need to throw a 'nuts' emoticon into your comment is indicative of someone who has no argument. Keep that in mind for future reference.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #54
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Just rewatched the Frodo at Osgiliath and Eowyn vs the ML scenes. I saw a beast that's darker grey on top, lighter grey on the bottom, with a translucent sheen to the scales......sorry, no purple. BTW, the need to throw a 'nuts' emoticon into your comment is indicative of someone who has no argument. Keep that in mind for future reference.
Its all about lighting. Lighting makes a big difference. And dont get offended so easily, damn, cant even joke around here.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #55
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Its all about lighting. Lighting makes a big difference. And dont get offended so easily, damn, cant even joke around here.
Agreed, lighting can make a huge difference. And who knows, perhaps that translucent effect on the scales does give off a purple hue at certain angles.....I'll accept that. But honesty, I've never even remotely noticed purple on a Fell beast during the 20+ times I've watched the LOTR movies, and even if it is present, it certainly doesn't stick out like in the photo's of the bust you posted. I do take comfort in Travis saying he doesn't see purple when looking at it with the naked eye.

And I apologize for my "nuts" comment. I probably would have gone with an 'inquisitive' or 'wink' emoticon myself, but I definitely took your comment more seriously than I should have.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #56
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Agreed, lighting can make a huge difference. And who knows, perhaps that translucent effect on the scales does give off a purple hue at certain angles.....I'll accept that. But honesty, I've never even remotely noticed purple on a Fell beast during the 20+ times I've watched the LOTR movies, and even if it is present, it certainly doesn't stick out like in the photo's of the bust you posted. I do take comfort in Travis saying he doesn't see purple when looking at it with the naked eye.

And I apologize for my "nuts" comment. I probably would have gone with an 'inquisitive' or 'wink' emoticon myself, but I definitely took your comment more seriously than I should have.
👍😊
Old 01-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #57
travis
A.I.M.

will photo this in natural light....be back in a few
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #58
travis
A.I.M.

DSC01325 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01326 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01324 by bainiceheart, on Flickr
Old 01-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #59
travis
A.I.M.

that is in natural light
Old 01-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #60
travis
A.I.M.

DSC01327 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01328 by bainiceheart, on FlickrDSC01329 by bainiceheart, on Flickr