Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Gaming on a budget

Hey all, going to be tightening up the spending for a bit so I plan on going back and playing some older games I either downloaded for free or previously purchased during a sale. Thought I would talk about them here and if anyone else has any recommendations for cheap games let me know! For example I bought a game called Manual Samuel for $2 on Xbox live. It was a pretty hilarious indie game where each button controlled an extremity of Samuel and you had to take him through a very bizarre day.

Lately I have been playing Tales from the Borderlands which I downloaded I think for free over a year ago and it has been absolutely amazing. The writing, dialogue and storytelling is some of the best I've played in years and it was free!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Hey MrJones, have you try playing PC games on steam?
You can get some pretty good deals thru them plus, if the game is multiplayer you can find someone on steam to play with or invite a friend to download the steam client if he or she hasn't already.

I've purchased so many games thru them for 1.25, or some you can download for free as well.

Hahaha, Boarderlands, when it first came out, I've played with my husband and friends on steam. It was a fun game. But I haven't play games lately. You sometimes get tired and take a break from them from time to time. Just like with anything I guess.

I have you played dead island or even FarCry?

There are sooOoo many games out there.

I personally love RPG's
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #3
Y3E
Gen 13

I've downloaded Bloodborne for free on the PSN for plus members and I think I saw it on X live yesterday too
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #4
Mister H
Green Goblin

I still get lots of enjoyment out of playing the first Ultimate Alliance game on the 360. I use the cheat codes so I can just walk through the entire game and see all the characters and cut scenes.....wow I’m lame.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Let's see I snagged The Witness free on Games with Gold, interesting puzzler. It reminds me Myst but with the puzzles more in the open.

I also took advantage of the Xbox Store Spring Sale, I got Mortal Kombat XL, with all the packs included, for $10, but I also had a $5 MS Gift Card so it was $5 total.

I did see they are running another sale this week with some good stuff on there. I would check that out if you're looking for something new on a budget.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
MrJones

So I traded in Call of Duty for $25 or something. Being the nice guy I am I thought I would put it towards Sims 4 for my wife as she had mentioned it a few times so I got her the game. A week later she installed it and I guess it is not the same as the others and she wasn't liking it. So I took it back to the store and was honest... I said "I bought this for my wife, it works, she just doesn't like it. Can I return it if I buy something else." and they agreed.

So despite the thread title I got Far Cry 5. Which has been SO much fun, but was not a game on a budget.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #7
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Fortnite is free, just sayin'
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #8
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
So I traded in Call of Duty for $25 or something. Being the nice guy I am I thought I would put it towards Sims 4 for my wife as she had mentioned it a few times so I got her the game. A week later she installed it and I guess it is not the same as the others and she wasn't liking it. So I took it back to the store and was honest... I said "I bought this for my wife, it works, she just doesn't like it. Can I return it if I buy something else." and they agreed.

So despite the thread title I got Far Cry 5. Which has been SO much fun, but was not a game on a budget.
I don't know if you were into Rise of the Tomb Raider but they just had all the big DLC's; Babba Yaga, Cold Darkness and the 10th Anniversary DLC for $3 each. I snagged those, I think the sale is still going.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #9
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Fortnite is free, just sayin'
You worked on that one right? A coworker of mine is hooked. Hard. Good job
Old 06-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #10
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I still get lots of enjoyment out of playing the first Ultimate Alliance game on the 360. I use the cheat codes so I can just walk through the entire game and see all the characters and cut scenes.....wow I’m lame.
I love this game.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote