Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 09-20-2017, 03:02 AM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

You just had to post these pictures... Damn You !!!! I had to go find a couple of them on Ebay and Pre-order a few of the new ones... I couldn't resist.... Found a MIB Batgirl vs Catwoman on Ebay, thought about getting Superman vs Wonder Woman but some of the pictures on Ebay were not flattering of WW face... so I passed on that one... On the fence with the WW vs Hydra one...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #22
Gothamite
Phoenix

My LCS just posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You just had to post these pictures... Damn You !!!! I had to go find a couple of them on Ebay and Pre-order a few of the new ones... I couldn't resist.... Found a MIB Batgirl vs Catwoman on Ebay, thought about getting Superman vs Wonder Woman but some of the pictures on Ebay were not flattering of WW face... so I passed on that one... On the fence with the WW vs Hydra one...
That's why I created these General Discussion threads -- to fuel your collecting mania.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #23
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

WOW....that really bites. However it makes this month a little less painful since Sideshow has decided to charge me for 2 PF's this month as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
My LCS just posted this:

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #24
Gothamite
Phoenix

Just found out that the issue has to do with Batman's cape not fitting properly into the hyena's mouth.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #25
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

You think they would have known about this long before the release date. LOL I'll still wait for it. Great looking statue.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #26
LetMeSee
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
As a WW nut, and an owner of both the WWvsSM and the Hydra, they are both awesome. i find the WWvsSM to be one of my favorites - on the one I have, the face is good, and the best position of the statue has her in profile anyway. The colors are great, and it is a dynamic posed that translated very well.

Both are very stylized - the Hydra one definitely looks like a Huges piece, and the WWvsSM has a very blocky look - but not in a bad way.

I am, however, admittedly biased.
LetMeSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #27
bullethole
The Avengers

I was charged by dcbservice... I m wondering if i have a refund coming......
bullethole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #28
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeSee View Post
As a WW nut, and an owner of both the WWvsSM and the Hydra, they are both awesome. i find the WWvsSM to be one of my favorites - on the one I have, the face is good, and the best position of the statue has her in profile anyway. The colors are great, and it is a dynamic posed that translated very well.

Both are very stylized - the Hydra one definitely looks like a Huges piece, and the WWvsSM has a very blocky look - but not in a bad way.

I am, however, admittedly biased.
Interesting, thank you for the insight! I actually love the look of WW in the vs Hydra piece (love AH!).... it's too bad the hydras themselves look less than great though.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #29
LetMeSee
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Interesting, thank you for the insight! I actually love the look of WW in the vs Hydra piece (love AH!).... it's too bad the hydras themselves look less than great though.
Boy - there were a lot of typos in my response - sorry about that! The hydras are a little strange in design, but in the way the piece works, because of their kind of drab color, and swirl/encircling of movement around the WW central figure (and she is very dynamic in how she's poised to strike), with her bright colors, it really works. They also 'layered' the figure in terms of heights, with the one hydra head so tall, then WW in the center at the middle height, and the hydra behind her the shortest.

I find in general that all these statues are very well composed, and at the time, seemed very expensive - with hindsight, they were a deal!
LetMeSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #30
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Kinda Happy they redid the Batman vs Joker statue I thought i was going to have to pay over $300 for it, I even like the new Paint. I pre-ordered it yesterday.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote