Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-31-2016, 04:38 AM   #1831
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
They aren't doing Fireball!!!???!?!?!
Wow, that is a huge mistake on their part. She was a must have for me.

Someone should start a petition. I doubt we could get 500 people though. As soon as they would find out it was Gentle Giant they would pull their name.

Their coupon codes don't work either....great company (sarcasm)
I found the coupon codes only worked after I logged in. Didn't end up buying anything.

Yeah, I doubt there will 500 buyers Fireball. Lucky was the second most talked anout after Whisper during their debut. And Lucky only ended up with an ES of 280. Pretty sad. And what were they thinking of with helmeted version?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #1832
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

i am very tempted to buy whisper, after all the discount it comes out to be less than $350. But there are a lot of talk about it being poorly packaged and arrive damaged.

Dont want to deal with any of that so going to hold off.

Pretty much the entire series is selling at 50% of the original retail price. I imagine anyone who purchased at retail price wont be too happy.

The only one that went up in value is the red whisper, which i believe is a comic con exclusive.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:07 AM   #1833
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
i am very tempted to buy whisper, after all the discount it comes out to be less than $350. But there are a lot of talk about it being poorly packaged and arrive damaged.

Dont want to deal with any of that so going to hold off.

Pretty much the entire series is selling at 50% of the original retail price. I imagine anyone who purchased at retail price wont be too happy.

The only one that went up in value is the red whisper, which i believe is a comic con exclusive.
That's what they should have been priced at to begin with. I said back then they were nuts to think a good deal of collectors were going to spend $600 a pop on no-name characters - same reason Xiall from Sideshow isn't selling.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #1834
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That's what they should have been priced at to begin with. I said back then they were nuts to think a good deal of collectors were going to spend $600 a pop on no-name characters - same reason Xiall from Sideshow isn't selling.
For me personally, and I'd like to think I'm not alone, the price wasn't the worst part of the HT "deal". What kept my money in the bank was simply GG poor handling of the line.

I'm sure for some collectors, a well known character from films, video games and comics, are a great incentive to spend money, but I'm more concerned with a pieces specific concept and quality execution. I think it's refreshing when a company decides to create something new, like CotD or even Honey Trap.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #1835
dechirico7
The Flash

I sent two questions to this company and haven't received a reply. They get better and better.

They should have had a note on the sale page saying codes don't work unless you are signed into your account.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:31 PM   #1836
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
They should have had a note on the sale page saying codes don't work unless you are signed into your account.
Not to sound condescending but why should they state something that should be obvious? That's how it's always worked with GG. In order to see your PGM (10% off) pricing or utilize coupons/offers you must be logged into your account. In fact, I'm not sure any of the major collectible companies have coupon codes that actually do "work" without doing so. Even Sideshow's annual Spooktacular event that just wrapped requires you to log in to redeem the free Reward Points or specific product discount codes.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #1837
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
I sent two questions to this company and haven't received a reply. They get better and better.

I'm not a PGM member and I didn't know you had to log in for the discount either until someone on the forum mentioned it. So you're not alone. I tried to apply the discount and I received a notice telling me that the code wasn't valid. Not a big deal for me since I was on the fence with the purchase anyway.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #1838
ukshaun
Hercules

Honey Trap Katya 1/4 - Gentle Giant (poly-stone)
Arrived today. Not broken. I'm amazed, it arrived not broken!

I will post photo's as soon as i've taken some. She looks great. The dog, he looks good too, the ears are really amazing shade of pink, something i've not picked up on various images posted.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:46 PM   #1839
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Honey Trap Katya 1/4 - Gentle Giant (poly-stone)
Arrived today. Not broken. I'm amazed, it arrived not broken!

I will post photo's as soon as i've taken some. She looks great. The dog, he looks good too, the ears are really amazing shade of pink, something i've not picked up on various images posted.
Out of the 4, she was the only I got that didn't come broken either...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:23 AM   #1840
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Out of the 4, she was the only I got that didn't come broken either...
That's good. At first i thought the 2 sticks in her hair had snapped. The penny dropped, they are supposed to be short at the back long at the front. These 2 sticks were the parts i expected to break in transit.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote