Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #851
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I know there will be difference between the proto and the production. GG just needs to lose the eyeshadow that was sprayed all around the eye. She would look fine without it.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #852
dechirico7
The Flash

That is cool that they are really going above and beyond with these, but they still have to understand that paying $650 for a quarter scale statue is still kind of crazy. Especially for characters they made up. I thought it was kind of funny that he mentioned the reaction towards the price of Whisper. Really, what did they expect?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #853
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Time will tell how his line will sell. It will dictate if they are producing more of these as he metioned there might be more then just the 5 girls.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #854
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzrok View Post
Awesome line, however, Whisper (sdcc variant)looks as if she took up smoking and drinking, where as the proto is pre-Lohan. It needs to be corrected. Sorry, but whenever a rep has to explain what the company did to me what they did, rather then allowing for the finished product to speak for itself, is a far cry from what was advertised, and ultimately not what was 'signed on' for...Just saying, and let the flaming begin.....
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #855
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

For me, the clear benefit of this line is that it shows what could be done, and I'm saying this based on the prototypes we've seen. Of course all of this is hot air if the production piece comes out bad.

Now, the price. No matter how well these come out, I won't pay that money for them. In contrast to that statement, if G&G or whoever, brought out a production version of characters from say, Mass Effect, StarCraft, or other well known I.P. to this standard I'd pay well in excess of $700 for it.....seriously.

I can see these HT girls getting bought, flipped, and fading into obscurity, simply because of a lack of background and a clear reason for collectors to get into these characters. In this sense, I.P development, GG have been lazy and have applied bad long term business strategy. People will get bored with these statues, the novelty of them is going to wear off real quick, and all because they essentially represent nothing at all.....and as we ALL know, the next bestest and greatest 'thing' is always just round the corner.

The Ritual and Luz Malefic should be testimony to my predictions. Awesome, beautiful portraits of women who (although have more background than the HT girls) are still gathering dust on store shelves due to poor advertising and a lack of background investment from YamatotoyUSA.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #856
Vallos
Jubilee

From a business standpoint, Silas, you are 100% correct. However from a personal stance, I rarely care for any background a statue has. I'm in it to admire a beautiful sculpture. Having said that, I will admit I was a compulsive buyer in the beginning. I am much more selective now because there are statues I have that I am bored with. While my finances play a role in my selection process today, the statue has to have lasting appeal so I won't be bored, not only in beauty, like the Yamato's line, or in detail, like what the Sucker Punch and Honey Trap girls will supply.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #857
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vykk Draygo View Post
According to Dreamwalker on the Ask GG thread,

I suppose they could up the edition size if they wanted, but seems doubtful.
No way the regular is just over 100. She would be sold out by now just like the variant sold out in a few days. Gentle Giant would seriously be insane to create the same mess they did with Baby Doll by allowing retailers to take orders that can't be fulfilled.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #858
superado
Doh!

Has Gentle Giant announced anything about the possibility of a smaller scale for this line, maybe 1/6th? Didn't they do that for some of their other lines, like the Star Wars busts? Maybe making them smaller and in PVC might get much wider interest.
superado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #859
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superado View Post
Has Gentle Giant announced anything about the possibility of a smaller scale for this line, maybe 1/6th? Didn't they do that for some of their other lines, like the Star Wars busts? Maybe making them smaller and in PVC might get much wider interest.
I think I can safely say these will only be offered as is, in 1:4 scale. Way to much detail to offer anything smaller IMO.

As for Star Wars, both GG's Mini Busts and Statue line are in 1:6 scale. They haven't done anything larger than that except for a few odd 1:1 pieces.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #860
Nitefall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Really digging this. Great detail and color too. My fav of all the Honey Traps. Stunning work.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote