Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-26-2016, 09:57 PM   #101
Lockdown
Mephisto

I would to like see a switch-out gun when Optimus is not holding the matrix and also the matrix is being made of real blue gem/crystal.

Maybe it's the angle or perspective, but the pose when OP is holding the ax and matrix, his upper body seems to be leaning too back. Would like his upper body more perpendicular.

I like the earlier wip pose when his left leg was higher and his right leg more twisted to the left, it makes his waist looks leaner and has a more powerful pose.

I also have concerns about the back of the base, it might be too high and could block the the details of OP's legs and back. I like it if OP was actually standing on that part of the base, the fallen Decepticon engine/wings like he just shot it down.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:11 PM   #102
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
I would to like see a switch-out gun when Optimus is not holding the matrix and also the matrix is being made of real blue gem/crystal.

Maybe it's the angle or perspective, but the pose when OP is holding the ax and matrix, his upper body seems to be leaning too back. Would like his upper body more perpendicular.

I like the earlier wip pose when his left leg was higher and his right leg more twisted to the left, it makes his waist looks leaner and has a more powerful pose.

I also have concerns about the back of the base, it might be too high and could block the the details of OP's legs and back. I like it if OP was actually standing on that part of the base, the fallen Decepticon engine/wings like he just shot it down.
I think its the angle about the leaning back concern. His torso is more arched...but not overly so. It was done that way I presume to accomodate two different looks with the two heads.

As far as the back of the base...those pieces may be separate, and if that is the case, you may not have to place them there. Seeing as how many options and alt looks Optimus has, the base may have some alt displays as well. Time will tell.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:19 PM   #103
Lockdown
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think its the angle about the leaning back concern. His torso is more arched...but not overly so. It was done that way I presume to accomodate two different looks with the two heads.

As far as the back of the base...those pieces may be separate, and if that is the case, you may not have to place them there. Seeing as how many options and alt looks Optimus has, the base may have some alt displays as well. Time will tell.
Yeah, it may be the angle, but I am just very concerned because I don't want the same situation that happened to the Prime 1 DOTM Optimus when I got it, it was leaning too back and felt like it was fallen backwards.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:31 PM   #104
Lockdown
Mephisto

Hmmm... Just noticed there's a wire sticking out below OP's right armpit thru the side panel, but none on his left side. Is this a design flaw? Hope it will get fixed before printing.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #105
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Hmmm... Just noticed there's a wire sticking out below OP's right armpit thru the side panel, but none on his left side. Is this a design flaw? Hope it will get fixed before printing.
I'm not seeing this. I see the rods and struts for support, but no random wire.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #106
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

So how big is this compared to Prime1 ?

Trying to compare price here
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #107
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
So how big is this compared to Prime1 ?

Trying to compare price here
I think the only thing XM has said in terms of size is that Optimus is around 26" tall (can't remember if that includes the base or not).
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #108
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
XM Studios Premium Collectibles
The character itself is about 70cm
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:35 PM   #109
Lockdown
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
The wire is there. Look at the pics showing the 2 head positions. The armoured wire just below the right armpit in the first pic attached to the door panel, and compare to the left side armpit from looking at the pics showing the back jet packs, there is no wire there. Why is that wire like that?
Old 11-27-2016, 11:55 PM   #110
Lobotomizer
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Lobotomizer is offline   Reply With Quote