Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2006, 04:08 PM   #11
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

I would say take the opportunity.....but be cautious of benefits and benefit restrictions. Sometimes those things don't kick in right away, and sometimes the extra $$ is tapped by paying into things like unions and insurances.....Sounds like a pretty good deal though. Good financial advancement....Stability is relative (like you say) I would go for it
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:08 PM   #12
NovaKane
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
Now, I thought I'd get to take the webhelp (tech) spot here after a bit of time but now, I'm not too sure if/when I'll get it. Since they just moved someone over from another position and they'll be doing backup webhelp and logic would say, they'd get the position first.
Callahan, my 2¢ is to go on the interview to see what's-what with the new company. Tactfully grill the heck out of your interviewers about your concerns to see what they can offer to alleviate them.

Since it sounds like pay is the only "unhappiness variable," it may be worthwhile to sniff out the possibility of getting the webhelp position (or maybe co-position) at your current company if you have some seniority there. Hey, ya never know until ya ask! If you do get offered the job at the new company, it can give you some leverage for getting the webhelp postion and a bump in pay to boot.

Mull over your options during the weekend, and let us know how it goes! Maybe a career consuling thread could be opened here at the Forum. Better jobs for better pay = more statues
NovaKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
Blakey, the commutes nothing, there's no stress on that end for me. As for security, I like that aspect. For whatever reason, I've always had problems getting jobs for whatever reason. Be it lack of degree or something else along those lines. That's why I'm a little timid to go into that situation. I'll talk with her tonight, find out some more specifics about the job and most likely apply for it. Hell, all this hemming and hawwing could be for naught, I might not even be offered the job.
Regardless of what you ultimately do you would be crazy not to apply for it. It's good practice for future interviews and heck you can always turn it down if you decide to stay put. You lose absolutley nothing by applying and stand to gain either a job or job seeking experience. It's a win/win situation.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #14
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

I agree... take the job.

When I first got my start in design I was working for a place that was paying me like 13 bucks an hour...

I had a freeelance oportunity that came up but was only for 90 days (with the "promise of being hired)... The money as like double and I said hell yes... I figured I would get hired on after anyway... It didn't happen but it opened different doors...

take the job spend your last 3 months looking for a replacement if they won't hire you... be up front with them and inquire if they will hire you, but staying behind and not taking he opportunity could lead to future regrets...
Old 03-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #15
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
When I first got my start in design I was working for a place that was paying me like 13 bucks an hour...
And I hear they just bumped you up to $15 recently. Let the good times roll.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #16
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Thanks for all the good advice fellas!. I'll be getting in contact with my friend to try and set something up. Like the old man (zurb of course) said, the interview practice alone would be worth it... Plus I have a free personal day I got from the Customer Service Week last year! Getting paid to go on an interview, woot!
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

No guts no glory man, like CB said, you are young, go for it. If you get it the first round of wings are on you. I will still buy you a beer though. Good Luck!!!!
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #18
Crocostimpy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
...we release a phase of homes every 10 weeks.
10 weeks!? I wish you would have been building my house. Ours, and every one after us, was at least 2 months late. They're going through the second phase now a lot faster. They must have been practicing on us. ; )

"Avoid the clap." - Jimmy Dugan
Crocostimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #19
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
And I hear they just bumped you up to $15 recently. Let the good times roll.
well why do you think I'm sculpting on the side

by the way Z that was like 8 years ago
Old 03-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #20
Colossus
Loki

Theres a saying, you miss 100% of the shots you never take.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote