Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Unbreakable Sequel

Dream Sequels: Patton Oswalt's Unbreakable 2 - YouTube

Unbreakable 2 is just wishful thinking at this point, but since Shyamalan has expressed interest in the past I hope this does happen.

This video has some great observation from Patton Oswalt leading to some cool ideas for the sequels.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Right now is the time when you could probably get everybody back and for not too much money. I don't know the studio has much interest in this though. I'd like to see it myself but I doubt it would happen.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
MrYac
Hercules

probably my favorite of his movies, but doesn't seem like it needs a sequel. do we really need Bruce running around as a superhero?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Unbreakable is one of my all time favourite movies. And though the twist ending is neat, the movie is more substantial than that. Lot of great character moments, symbolism and that single take fight scene with the Orange Man is awesome and so is the epic score by James Newton Howard.

It's a unique take on the mythos of superheroes before superheroes became mainstream in cinema, including before non-costumed superhumans like in Heroes became famous. And there is so much more story potential in that world without necessarily losing its grounded feel nor having the need to have typical superhero costumes.

Last edited by Spideristic; 03-06-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Shyamalan tweeted the following and linked to that Slashfilm article and Patton responded.

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/sta...17005599764480

MNightShyamalan: I may need to fly @pattonoswalt out to Philly to help me crack the Unbreakable sequel. Love the enthusiasm! http://www.slashfilm.com/patton-oswalt-unbreakable-2/

pattonoswalt: .@MNightShyamalan I wasn't f****** around in that video, Mr. Shymalan. You started a dark, epic trilogy. FINISH IT. (please?)

pattonoswalt: .@MNightShyamalan Aaaaaand excuse the typo.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #6
gomur
The Tick

Unbreakable is one of my Shyamalan favorites - it and The Sixth Sense often trade places. I really don't want to see a sequel get made because they rarely live up to the original. Instead, they tend to diminish what came before. And I don't need that gem tarnished by an older Bruce cashing a paycheck and Shyamalan going back to the well as he tries to recapture his past glory.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post

pattonoswalt: .@MNightShyamalan I wasn't f****** around in that video, Mr. Shymalan. You started a dark, epic trilogy. FINISH IT. (please?)
why in the world would It be considered a trilogy? does everything need to be a trilogy?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #8
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
why in the world would It be considered a trilogy? does everything need to be a trilogy?
That was always the plan. When the film didn't perform at the B.O. it was never completed. The film has a cult following so the subject comes up every so often.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #9
Gruson
Suicide Squad

My favorite of us by far. Incredible story, almost like a super hero movie. Love the battle at the end and the memorable music as someone else stated above. Hope it happens but they need Willis and the same music for sure.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #10
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Unbreakable is one of my all time favourite movies. And though the twist ending is neat, the movie is more substantial than that. Lot of great character moments, symbolism and that single take fight scene with the Orange Man is awesome and so is the epic score by James Newton Howard.

It's a unique take on the mythos of superheroes before superheroes became mainstream in cinema, including before non-costumed superhumans like in Heroes became famous. And there is so much more story potential in that world without necessarily losing its grounded feel nor having the need to have typical superhero costumes.

Great post. Unbreakable was the start of several great things. It was a cool superhero movie that came out before the superhero movie craze began. It was also the launch pad for all of the amazing art gallery quality superhero paintings by first Alex Ross, and then the slew of other artists who followed suit. I absolutely loved this movie, and I would absolutely love two more movies to round it out into a nice trilogy. C'mon M.Night, find your old magic and break, or should I say, "Unbreak" your "A" game out!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote