Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Multi-Player Game Bug Exploits

when a new multiplayer game comes out, it's only a matter of time before some sort of glitch, bug and subsequent exploit is revealed.

i've recently seen a number of glitch exploits in COD3. they aren't very difficult to do, and the advantage isn't all that spectacular. and none
leave you impervious to damage. now these aren't quite as bad as the old Unreal Tournament bugs, where you can fall thru the map, and shoot from underneath it.

how ethical is the use of these exploits. some people call it cheating, but since every one can use it, would it not be fair play until the exploit is patched? also, once you've seen someone use it, you know what to look for and how to deal with it.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

what are the glitches for cod 3? ive never noticed anyone using them and i still play regularly...my id is devlinboy25 . send me a message and we will machine gun some people up..i dont have a headset though so i am kind of boring lol
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

oh yeah, glitches dont bother me cause they dont happen too often. in halo 2 i get glitched once in a while..its more funny to see my ill tempered friends go crazy trying to figure out whats happening
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i actually dont own a 360(yet,) but my LIVE account is still active, and i share it with my cousin..you'll find me(or him) under VIOLENT COP.

the biggest bug in COD3 is called the elevator glitch. you need two guys, and you end up elevating to the top of the map. it can only be done in a few spots. it's takes some practice, but after a while it's pretty easy to do. google or youtube it.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #5
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah this happens practically in every game. R6Vegas too has a couple and well there's nothing you can't really do away with anyways. Same with Gears. But stuff like falling through a map does kinda suck cause you can get hit from anywhere. I think that happened in SOCOM too.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
Xeno
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I hate it when ppl use those things. You might not find it technically cheating but it surely is NOT meant to be in the game. And it always sux for ppl who 're just beginning in the game. IMO it can ruin a lot of fun. Games should be played fair and honest and the way they were supposed to be played and not with all kind of "loopholes" just because they are there and "everyone could find them".

I 'm not a hardcore gamer anymore but I used to be some years ago. Half Life Counterstrike all the way! And I really hated it when ppl were exploiting those glitches. Sure, it can be funny when you just find out about one. But there are always ppl who just keep using them. Exploiting bugs or cheating, it comes down on the same thing: You're ruining part of my game and time! So, most of the times I am out of that game real quick.
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

gears is loaded with glitches
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
Car50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Yeah this happens practically in every game. R6Vegas too has a couple and well there's nothing you can't really do away with anyways. Same with Gears. But stuff like falling through a map does kinda suck cause you can get hit from anywhere. I think that happened in SOCOM too.
in COD3 there's no 'lower' floor, so when u fall thru, there's no shooting up. i've fallen thru several times. there are couple very high areas that are reachable through practice. tops of buildings and even trees. i think what happens is, programmers dont want you to be able to jump or climb over a certain short wall, so they create an invisible wall over it. but then someone figures out how to get on top of the invisible wall, and now it looks like they're hovering over everything.

there's one board(dont remember name) where u jump on a fence, then a tractor, then a roof. pretty simple, and no real bug exploitation, except the fact that ur hovering over the tractor because of an invisible wall over it, that acts like a floor in this case.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

in the PC game of COD2, they ban for using glitches. Too me, COD will always be better on the PC.

When they migrate XBOX live to the PC and PC players can play Console players, you will see the PC players mop the floor with the console players. The PC players play much faster than the console players (playing both myself right now).
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote