Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
geekinca
Doh!

New Member! Need Help!

Hey everyone ... my name is Jason. I was referred to this group. The person told me this was the place to go if I needed to have a statue repaired. I apologize if this is not the correct thread. I did not see a section to post.

I purchased a DC Universe Online Wonder Woman from a seller on EBay. The transaction went sour fast. No response from the seller at all, after a week of trying to find out if the statue was shipped. Then I research more about him, via his name on Google, and find that him and his store were federally investigated for theft and indicted. So that had me worried more so. I filed a complaint with Paypal and, surprise, he marks it as shipped. Two days later I receive the statue ... in pieces!

Half of the styrofoam packing on the inside was gone and they chose to replace that with a plastic bag. Come on now! How does that protect anything? On top of that, they did not use any bubble wrap. Only a thin layer of wadded up paper on the top and bottom. Still plenty of room to bounce around during shipping. When I opened the box, I heard the pieces, so I knew it was broken. Opened it up ... yup! In multiple pieces. This broke my heart! I am a HUGE Wonder Woman fan and wanted this statue for a very long time. I got it cheap and that was why I was excited.

I am now in the process of trying to get my money back via Paypal. I contact the seller and, of course, he blames the postal service, not the lack of care going into packing it. I am not sure if I will have to send this back just yet so I am trying to see if there is someone that can make her look like new.

The pictures show the damage. Both hand broken off. One gauntlet has a big piece broken off. Small pieces of hair broken off. Buying her from someone else is too expensive. People are asking too much, more than I can afford. Which brings me to cost. I cannot afford a lot to get her fixed. But I really want her to look like this never happened.

If anyone can help, please let me know. Also sharing a photo of my collection.

geekinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

The cost to repair would be way more than this piece is worth. Get your money back and go back to eBay to find another. This was just a bad transaction and there are more good sellers than bad ones. Next one is bound to be good.

File that claim as not received as advertised.