Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #11
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
you do realize that different reps don't always get their items shipped in at the exact date that companies (DC, Marvel, etc.) specify?
I've been waiting on a pre-order from my e-LCS for some Funko figures that I've actively seen everywhere else for weeks now. Turns out, they just got them in a few days ago and shipped my order out yesterday.

Things get delayed that are usually out of their (the businesses) control. If you're patient, things will always get to you eventually. In this hobby, if you aren't able to handle a multitude of delays (for whatever reason), then it probably isn't a hobby for you

...just saying
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #12
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

oh and 1 more point (instead of just editing my last one)...

for every item I've had on pre-order that's been delayed, I've likely received another pre-order item earlier than I thought and beat others to the receipt of the product. It all balances out in the end
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #13
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylara View Post
I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my story:

I recently decided to try pre-ordering my DC Direct statues through them.... but I am going to cancel my large order =/

I was looking forward to the Mera Bombshell coming out. I saw on official DC Facebook on May 13th that they announced that she was officially out and available at stores, which I then confirmed that she was out after seeing her at a couple comic book stores (4 different places) when I was out this past weekend. I was kinda sad, I could have just picked her up this weekend... but I figured I would just wait for my pre-order and check with EE.

On Monday I got onto the website and used the chat feature, asking nicely "Hiya, just checking on how the shipping is going for Mera." and the rep just kept repeating "It's coming out in May".
...Thanks... I see that on your website...

It bothered me maybe more than it should have, so I called them on the phone. I ended up getting a supervisor, and after lots of conversation it ended up that he said "The manufacturers don't give them release dates." and that "while normally we ship things quickly, yes it can be normal for us to ship them later than other retailers."

I was annoyed, I hate feeling like I know more about a product than someone I am buying it from. If I know the release date, and if DC stated the release date themselves to the public, why doesn't a large vendor know it? Just being honest with me would have gone a long way in keeping my business.
Also, to be honest, I was still annoyed at the online chat for making it seem like I couldn't read the website myself.

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday when I go onto the website and see that now they updated Mera to not coming out until June.
Another item I ordered has changed from March 2015 to April 2015 to May 2015 and now to March 2016...

So anyway, after all that I'm pretty much done. Either I'm going to find a different website to pre-order from or I'm just going to do the old "walk into a store and purchase it".

I'm sure others have had great experiences, but when I have 13+ items pre-ordered, having the first one be negative doesn't give me good feelings for my future items.
I have a good friend that owns a toy store in Denver and he also has a rather large Ebay presence (plasticunderground). Every month I go to his store and browse through the diamond catalog and order what I want. A lot of other friends do to. Once a month he places the order through Diamond. He never knows what the schedule for release is as Diamond doesn't tell him. He will only know once Diamond tells him what is scheduled for delivery the next week. It seems strange but that's how this crazy business works.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #14
Sylara
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Wow, I didn't think I would get as much criticism as I have for posting my opinion...

Maybe my point wasn't made clearly enough?

I understand delays, I've been a retail store manager (in a different passionate business, video games) myself so I'm no stranger to that. I've also been a comic collector most of my life, and into statues and figures for several years. I'm huge into Kotobukiya Bishoujos and talk about delay central (not to mention never knowing when a product is coming out).

My annoyance was
1) That the Chat Rep basically responded to me with information that I used in my opening sentence with them. It gave the implication that I was just another stupid customer that couldn't just read the site myself.
2) There was a lack of honesty in my contact with them. They stated that DC Direct doesn't state when products are released for sale, when they clearly do.

I'm not going to pretend nor state that evey one of you would have been annoyed, but to me I'm planning on spending easily $2,000 with them this year. That's not chump change to me and I expect good, kind, informative customer service. Delays are not a problem, but being transparent about it is to me.

Anyway, I know my side of things are seeming to get me flamed, so it's not really that important anyway, but I just think it's unfair to assume that because I'm unhappy with one retailer that I'm "not fit for this hobby". I thought this forum was better than that, but I guess I should just keep my opinion to myself next time.
Sylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #15
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

didn't say what I did to "flame" (haven't heard that word in ages) you...just delays happen and not much you can do about them other than either a) wait it out or b) move on

chat reps only respond with info they have. Don't expect a miracle out of them.

as for DC, they only tell that a product is due a week before it gets there. Little to no advance notice on their end. Items just sit in limbo until they are finished in the factories and arrived at the stores
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:34 PM   #16
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Wow, I didn't think I would get as much criticism as I have for posting my opinion...

I understand delays, I've been a retail store manager (in a different passionate business, video games) myself so I'm no stranger to that. I've also been a comic collector most of my life, and into statues and figures for several years. I'm huge into Kotobukiya Bishoujos and talk about delay central (not to mention never knowing when a product is coming out).

My annoyance was
1) That the Chat Rep basically responded to me with information that I used in my opening sentence with them. It gave the implication that I was just another stupid customer that couldn't just read the site myself.
2) There was a lack of honesty in my contact with them. They stated that DC Direct doesn't state when products are released for sale, when they clearly do.

I'm not going to pretend nor state that evey one of you would have been annoyed, but to me I'm planning on spending easily $2,000 with them this year. That's not chump change to me and I expect good, kind, informative customer service. Delays are not a problem, but being transparent about it is to me.

Anyway, I know my side of things are seeming to get me flamed, so it's not really that important anyway, but I just think it's unfair to assume that because I'm unhappy with one retailer that I'm "not fit for this hobby". I thought this forum was better than that, but I guess I should just keep my opinion to myself next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
didn't say what I did to "flame" (haven't heard that word in ages) you...just delays happen and not much you can do about them other than either a) wait it out or b) move on

chat reps only respond with info they have. Don't expect a miracle out of them.

as for DC, they only tell that a product is due a week before it gets there. Little to no advance notice on their end. Items just sit in limbo until they are finished in the factories and arrived at the stores
Additionally, everyone that works retail, or answers phones, or manages email is NOT an expert in the content (especially the stuff we like). Couldve been a college kid just doing what they were told, or reading from a sheet/catalog.

When it comes to this hobby, patience is key, IMHO...and certainly dealing with people is never easy, especially as the consumer. Just my two pennies.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #17
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

My annoyance was

Easy now, I sure didn't think there was criticism.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #18
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Easy now, I sure didn't think there was criticism.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote