Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2015, 05:34 AM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Very Cool Female Super Hero Pictures!

I just had to post these up. Stumbled on these a couple nights back and thought they were really cool. I am old school when it comes to photography. I can count on one hand the number of photoshop jobs I thought were truly unique or interesting, but these are amazing. Just a very cool premise all the way around.

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
tps50701
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Very beautiful and tasteful.

I like!

Thanks for sharing.
tps50701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
ALEX23
The Avengers

These are gorgeous! The Venom one in particular is amazing!
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

there's actually a few more I missed. Here they are.

They produced a limited edition calendar, which sold out in a matter of days. So bummed I wasn't able to get one. The good news is that they are producing limited edition prints for these. No date has been announced yet. Definitely picking a few of these up as long as they aren't high end art prints. AurumLights high end prints sell for thousands of dollars apiece. Thanks, but no thanks, lol. Hopefully they will be more affordable, lower end prints like we see in the comic industry! My personal favorite is probably Batgirl. I love the pose.

Again, I am not a fan of photoshop styled pictures, but this effect is pretty amazing. Easily one of the best Photoshop jobs I have ever seen. Its just incredibly unique, which is a rare thing in the world of Photoshop.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX23 View Post
These are gorgeous! The Venom one in particular is amazing!
Which one is Venom? I'm not seeing it. I see Batwoman, Batgirl, Storm, She Hulk, Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman, Ms Marvel, and Power Girl. And the 4 new ones I posted, which obviously you weren't referring too since they weren't posted yet, are Cat Woman, Supergirl, Elektra, and Emma Frost. I guess the Batwoman one could be Venom. I just assumed it was Batwoman as the calendar was focusing on female super heroes and she has the crazy red hair like Batwoman, plus there is the white bat symbol on her chest. Actually, your probably right as now that I think about it, Batwoman's suit has a red bat on the front, not white. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tps50701 View Post
Very beautiful and tasteful.

I like!

Thanks for sharing.
No prolemo! Glad you enjoyed them. Crazy thing is, they actually really throw liquid (not sure if its really milk) on them during these shoots. While there is post Photoshop work done, the liquid is still real liquid. Imagine the time it would take to get this just right. Anyways, you should check out their website as they have a bunch of other shoots up, including a really cool milk campaign. It really is quite amazing.

http://aurumlight.com
Old 04-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Very creative. Love the splash work to form the costume. I would had loved to have known about this earlier. Would love to own GH calendar of his work.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
BOSCO
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Amazing photos
I think nbr put a thread up about these,before Xmas I think.
I had forgotten about it. That calender would've been nice to have.
BOSCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSCO View Post
Amazing photos
I think nbr put a thread up about these,before Xmas I think.
I had forgotten about it. That calender would've been nice to have.
Yep I did, but wasn't worth trying to find it to point out. They are still cool and worth another thread.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Which one is Venom? I'm not seeing it. I see Batwoman, Batgirl, Storm, She Hulk, Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman, Ms Marvel, and Power Girl. And the 4 new ones I posted, which obviously you weren't referring too since they weren't posted yet, are Cat Woman, Supergirl, Elektra, and Emma Frost. I guess the Batwoman one could be Venom. I just assumed it was Batwoman as the calendar was focusing on female super heroes and she has the crazy red hair like Batwoman, plus there is the white bat symbol on her chest. Actually, your probably right as now that I think about it, Batwoman's suit has a red bat on the front, not white. .

The first image. It looks to me like Mary Jane getting attacked by the symbiote. In the top left corner it looks like the artist made the splashes become Venom's mouth complete with the red tongue.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 AM   #10
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Again, whats so amazing about these pictures is its actually real liquid. Initially, I was convinced that this was purely a photoshop effect, or at least like 90% Photoshop. Winds up I was dead wrong. Its a painstaking process where they literally do like 40-50 separate shots, of them throwing and pouring liquid, and then they use Photoshop to stitch the best ones together and clean it all up. that makes them just that much more amazing.

One thing is for sure, I will be keeping an eye on the website from here on out. Cant wait for the limited edition prints and I can't wait to see what he does next with this technique. Its really is brilliant.

Here are some more non super hero pictures from their website: