Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #291
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
A BLUE Sentinel base? Wtf .... why?

Guys, just open a comic book, for the love of God. I legit don't think I'd have bought it, it wouldn't even match the rest of their X-Men line, which is what I've primarily been collecting. Wasn't even intentional really, just the way it worked out. Plus a blue Beast and a blue base, good thinking lol.

I didn't realize magik was over scaled? Not to get too far off topic but I'm so on the fence with that Mystique. I love it but I'm a bit concerned on the scaling. Not sure if it'll bother me but I think the sculpt is gorgeous.
Yep, they even had a poll on Facebook because they were really set on blue, but people were against it because of too much blue. Luckily purple won.

I don't own Magik, but from pics she looks larger than she should be.

Mystique is great, but she's literally larger than most of the male X-Men they've done. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. I'm sure you could find a reasonably priced one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:28 AM   #292
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Is everyone genuinely happy with him? I?ve seen a few photos now and he looks really really bad, especially his face. Like if it looked like that in hand and it was mine I?d be straight onto XM. Could be just the way the photos are taken though.
I think thats the best natural pictures i saw until now, shared by Benjamin LR.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #293
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Just stuck with the sideshow Wolverine for now. But man, I love this one. Have to do some rearranging, their battle positions look all over the place. And Thanos and LD will be replaced with Apocalypse whenever he arrives..

Attachment 143896
Nice man, I think you have the best X-Men statues here. I much prefer the XM Gambit to SS and I think the SS Wolverine is the best one.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #294
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I much prefer the XM Gambit to SS.
I thought I was the only one
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #295
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yep, they even had a poll on Facebook because they were really set on blue, but people were against it because of too much blue. Luckily purple won.

I don't own Magik, but from pics she looks larger than she should be.

Mystique is great, but she's literally larger than most of the male X-Men they've done. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. I'm sure you could find a reasonably priced one.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

I'd pair her with either 1/3 Magneto or Jean/Colossus, so she'd probably fit pretty well but it's still frustrating that XM keeps getting these scales wrong. Hopefully a thing of the past /knock on wood.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:45 AM   #296
SONICobra
Batman

i have to admit i had some reservations about the blue paint and teeth before getting mine. i thought the blue paint (especially on the face) looked like really heavy handed dry brushing but the paint looks really good in person, the teeth are fantastic as well

scale seems good to me, hes not larger than anyone (less hands, feet and overall stockiness) but fits well with other 1/4 scale pieces. in person i would give this a 9/10 docking a point for a useless coh and painted red lines around the eyes but everything else im really happy with

order what you like and dont make compromises, just putting this out there because i took a chance with beast and am really happy with how he turned out
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #297
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Nice man, I think you have the best X-Men statues here. I much prefer the XM Gambit to SS and I think the SS Wolverine is the best one.
Thank you Sir. I like the portrait of SS Gambit better. He does look a little aged on my XM. But to be honest, my reward points from Specfic pushed me to buy XM
gambit at the time. No regrets though.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:52 PM   #298
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Thank you Sir. I like the portrait of SS Gambit better. He does look a little aged on my XM. But to be honest, my reward points from Specfic pushed me to buy XM
gambit at the time. No regrets though.
Yeah, I do like the toothpick SS portrait best but I hate that he's like pointing down in the pose.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:18 PM   #299
Destroyous
Justice League

Anybody with economy shipping get their notice yet with spec?
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:26 PM   #300
pau123
Sailor Moon

Now when in world is SS gonna make this character
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote