Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-02-2021, 04:00 AM   #691
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_71 View Post
Just curious if DC finally ended this line.

Part of me hopes so, because -
1. There were some really odd and dumb pieces that I just hated (looking at you Mad or Spy v Spy).

2. The obvious bull---- money grabs on '2nd edition'.

3. I have been here since the beginning, so regardless I have to buy each new one.

4. I am running out of space for all of them LOL

Thanks!
I, like you, would love the line to end. I have been collecting it since the very beginning. I love this line (even the bad ones). That said, McFarlane Toys has resurrected this line. There are more pieces coming down the pike. Let's see where this goes.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:04 PM   #692
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I was never a completist, I have quite a few going back now but rarely pick new ones up the last few years. I may have enough Batman statues. LOL. Will have to take something super special to buy in again.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:51 PM   #693
Madcougar92
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I was never a completist, I have quite a few going back now but rarely pick new ones up the last few years. I may have enough Batman statues. LOL. Will have to take something super special to buy in again.
I officially ran out of space and had to sell six of my B&W statues. At this point, I'd have to sell a statue if I buy a new one.
Madcougar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:13 PM   #694
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I was, unfortunately, a completionist on this line which I am regretting. They put out a number of... questionable choices. I would have argued for a Darwyn Cooke Catwoman, over Spy Vs Spy any day. They never even made a Two-Face who is the literal definition of black vs white in the Batman universe! They do look good together as a big group, and when people see them they find the concept of artist specific interpretations interesting, but really the quality wasn't there over sheer quantity.

That said, I'm very happy that I can call the 103 that DC Direct / Collectibles put out as the complete line. (I didn't buy second or third editions just for the variant base and batsymbol.) McFarlane may be continuing where DCD left off with the unreleased ones, but the end of DCD as a great stopping place where I woke up to the idea that I didn't need to continue.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #695
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

They were supposed to do a colored Joker line I was interested in.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 05:07 PM   #696
chunkster702

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I got the Lee color Japan exclusive today. I really like him. I'm using him for my 1/10 display.

Gonna do the same thing but mix some Mezco one:12 in there too. Wish I would've kept that Iron studios Deathstroke.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:35 AM   #697
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wow, Chunkster what a great display!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #698
chunkster702

Hey Max Shreck credit for the display belongs to member ADEE.

I am going for a 1/10 Batman theme display which is going to have the Mezco Previews Supreme Knight Batman and the color Jim Lee statue. For villains I have Mezco One:12 Two-Face, Mr. Freeze on PO, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Sirens Kotobukiya, Iron Studios Penguin and Bane, DC Direct Killing Joke Joker. I'm debating to get the Killer Croc ex and new Riddler from Iron Studios later but I'm not sure because I really don't want the huge bases.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:41 PM   #699
MKS
Nightwing

Why are some McFarlane V1 Batman B&Ws selling (sold listings) for around $1,000 on eBay? I like mine but don’t understand that high a price.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:18 AM   #700
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

*glances thoughtfully at 1st Edition Artist Proof McFarlane statue*

Looking at the listings, it seems like there are a bunch that sold within the last few days for more reasonable prices alongside these ridiculous ones. And even now, there's one listed as a BIN for $400 while another auction is above $600, so I can only assume this is scammers trying to drive up the prices. There's no way this many people are willing to pay so much over retail.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote