Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-26-2018, 06:02 AM   #141
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Green Goblin is definitely reworked. I am not sure what the delay is...but I know some prominent peeps worked on him. It will be interesting to see how it changed.
Do you know why they are reworking it? the concept art looked really awesome!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #142
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Do you know why they are reworking it? the concept art looked really awesome!
Not sure specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if we something about this at STGCC. I hope XM goes back to at least having finished 3D renders of future statues to show. I used to love seeing all the concept art at the first 2 cons. Now...XM keeps things much closer to the vest.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:31 PM   #143
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures by Art Chayawan

- Prototype Sample XM Rhino 1/4 Scale Statue -

"Given the code-name Rhino, his first mission was to kidnap astronaut John Jameson, son of Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson, and sell him to the highest bidder."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:14 PM   #144
Royalguard
The Avengers

This piece is impressive! Couple changes to that license plate (more damage) perhaps and it will be solid piece.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #145
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Official XM Rhino 1/4 Statue Assembly Video -

?Aleksei Sytsevich was just another thug in the Russian Mafia, grasping at dreams of easy money, and headed for a short brutal life. Seduced by promises of wealth and power, Aleksei underwent a life-threatening series of chemical and radiation treatments to transform him after several months into the superhumanly strong agent for a collective of professional spies - in part, to support his family. Aleksei's powerful armor permanently bonded to his form, was modeled after the hide of a rhinoceros."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:09 PM   #146
Royalguard
The Avengers

Looks like this is getting ready to ship!

Edit: this is shipping.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:13 PM   #147
Obi Wan
Fantastic Four

Yea I just got the invoice from specfiction.. much earlier than i expected, sweet!
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 05:24 PM   #148
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Looks awesome!

For those getting invoiced, I wonder why XM stuff has no problem getting here, but Prime 1 is delayed by a year. Doesn't Spec Fiction get everything by boat?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:10 AM   #149
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just got mine so far the excitement is not there. It is heavy, unnecessarily heavy. Especially the base. And one thing I knew from the beginning, Rhino stares down and it's very "packed" so it's hard to display but not impossible.

But my main criticism is not that.
Rhino's painting is really sketchy, it could have been so much better. It ruins the sculpt a bit, it's crude. A pro painter would make this same sculpt a masterpiece and without talking about a professional, it's not at the level of detail of a current production I think.

It's simple, a base color, some shading, a stamp on the surface of a light color, done roughly.

This is what I saw on the first collector's photos and I can only confirm it.

It doesn't suck at all, overall it's cool. But it could have been much better. The production piece is far from the prototype paint reviewed by Art Chayawan. Not the same level at all.

Anyway, I'll take the time to like it properly. Maybe by taking some pictures the excitement will come back.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:36 PM   #150
Obi Wan
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
I just got mine so far the excitement is not there. It is heavy, unnecessarily heavy. Especially the base. And one thing I knew from the beginning, Rhino stares down and it's very "packed" so it's hard to display but not impossible.

But my main criticism is not that.
Rhino's painting is really sketchy, it could have been so much better. It ruins the sculpt a bit, it's crude. A pro painter would make this same sculpt a masterpiece and without talking about a professional, it's not at the level of detail of a current production I think.

It's simple, a base color, some shading, a stamp on the surface of a light color, done roughly.

This is what I saw on the first collector's photos and I can only confirm it.

It doesn't suck at all, overall it's cool. But it could have been much better. The production piece is far from the prototype paint reviewed by Art Chayawan. Not the same level at all.

Anyway, I'll take the time to like it properly. Maybe by taking some pictures the excitement will come back.
Dang sorry to hear that, mine is coming on wednesday and I’m super excited.. would love to see some pics when you can!
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote