Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #421
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
They don't have replacement parts because the vast majority of Deadpool statues are still on a ship either in Long Beach Harbor or anchored off the coast. Only a very small % of the orders for this piece have shipped.
I got usual line. The product looks fine to them. Any replacement parts will look the same. The piece in GemMint's video appeared to feature better silver scratch work.

I recall the H.M.O - Ren 1/4 statue featuring a portrait with dodgy silver scratch work. The factory failed to match the amazing work that featured on the prototype. H.M.O. opened every box and fixed every portrait in house. Not many companies would do that.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #422
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
They don't have replacement parts because the vast majority of Deadpool statues are still on a ship either in Long Beach Harbor or anchored off the coast. Only a very small % of the orders for this piece have shipped.
I'm going to assume that you haven't heard anything about shipping yet either?
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:39 PM   #423
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I'm going to assume that you haven't heard anything about shipping yet either?
Correct. Still "preparing to ship".
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:41 PM   #424
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I got usual line. The product looks fine to them. Any replacement parts will look the same. The piece in GemMint's video appeared to feature better silver scratch work.

I recall the H.M.O - Ren 1/4 statue featuring a portrait with dodgy silver scratch work. The factory failed to match the amazing work that featured on the prototype. H.M.O. opened every box and fixed every portrait in house. Not many companies would do that.
Sideshow did this many years ago when the Thanos and Mistress Death diorama came out. They were having the toughest time during shipping. Most all the Captain America shields were arriving broken due to bad engineering of the shipping styrofoam. They opened every box and just cut a hole where the shield would be pressed upon while in transit. Little different than re-painting, but that SSC back in the day about 10 years ago. Now, I don't know if that would happen.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:05 PM   #425
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have opted to return my Deadpool. For the high price i find the base (silver paint scratch app) unacceptable. Even at this early stage, Sideshow have no replacement parts. They failed to address the issue of the left handle not inserting? Returning Deadpool will represent the first time i have returned one of their products. Once they refund all costs, i could take the risk of ordering another one, in hope a different artist applied the silver paint scratches.
They’ll sell it back on Sideshow seconds.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:09 AM   #426
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
They’ll sell it back on Sideshow seconds.
Probably.
I have not heard back from Sideshow. I am entertaining the idea of keeping the piece and either removing the silver paint or finding a talented painter who is could are creating scratch paint work. Getting the import fee is a nightmare. I do like Deadpool. It is a pity the tire fails to look as good as the tyre on the Lady Deadpool PF

LOADING: Image(s)

I'm still thinking it over. The constant 3 or 5 silver lines fails to make sense. I think it looks poor.
The silver (damage) paint work in the Scooter footwell looks great.
Silver on areas that stick out makes sense, if it follows contour of the edge.
Silver in dented areas, inward dents, fails to make sense.
Silver lines with a line cross over in a different direction, looks like Chinese writing. Maybe there is a hidden message?
Many of the chunky silver lines fail to represent paint scratch damage, a look like what they are, silver paint lines/scribbles.
The round silver component in the top area of the first image. Why the silver sun pattern?
It would look better without the silver.
One painter appears to have ruined the whole piece
Deadpool himself looks great.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #427
AC_808
Hercules

This is starting to really suck!

No movement for a week and a half since being charged. SSC needs to start checking for actual stock before charging ...especially during these times.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:07 PM   #428
IronLungs31

Just checking in to see if anyone has gotten any word on this piece that has been stuck in port for two weeks and counting?
Old 10-06-2021, 06:11 PM   #429
AC_808
Hercules

Nope ....negative ....nothing ...nada ...ziltch

Still in the "preparing to ship" state!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:40 AM   #430
IronLungs31

"Preparing To Ship" going on three weeks now...smh! I'm suppose to be hitting day number 21/40 before I was granted my Reward Point...LOL!