Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-28-2021, 12:15 PM   #231
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I would say Destiny is pretty far reached, but IS is shooting for the stars with this line it seems ha, so you never know!

I would think atleast a Toad would be a sure thing. Could be a small enough footprint of a piece with a simple base that maybe they could get Toad in the $119 range and then he would sell well. If they price him at $150 or more that would be hard to swallow. Avalanche while I would love to see him, I'm not sure IS would bank on that being a big seller.

I will say I'm excited for the rest of the year, not just to hopefully finally get some pieces like Blob, Jean Grey, and Bishop, but to hopefully get some more teasers. We NEED more villains. Give us Apocalypse, Stryfe, Sinister, Brood Queen, Cyber, Onslaught, Nimrod. Complete and show off the rest of X-Factor or X-Force.

Heck if they are going with Apocalypse they could even do some version of the Four Horseman.

Plus they still have sure fire sales if they give us a brown version Wolverine (not the Logan face), or X-Force versions of Wolverine and Deadpool. Dark Phoenix and Phoenix as well although they better have different poses and not just be repaints.

A big YES for the major villains you mentioned, like Apocalypses, Sinister, and let's throw in Lady Deathstrike.

i think Toad and Avalanche are good possibilities, but not sure about Destiny. However, she's coming back as a major player in the current X-Men comic line.

Since we're going to get Spiral and Mojo, why not include LONGSHOT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LONGSHOT_1547900259868.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	143036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Longshot_0.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	143037  
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #232
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Any reason why Magik is not listed on Sideshow?
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:52 AM   #233
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Any reason why Magik is not listed on Sideshow?
This is strange huh. I searched pretty significantly and can't find it. It's definitely not an exclusive since it's available on other sites to order. Probably just a mess up by Sideshow and they forgot to add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
A big YES for the major villains you mentioned, like Apocalypses, Sinister, and let's throw in Lady Deathstrike.

i think Toad and Avalanche are good possibilities, but not sure about Destiny. However, she's coming back as a major player in the current X-Men comic line.

Since we're going to get Spiral and Mojo, why not include LONGSHOT.
Wow Longshot! I mean that seems like an obvious right? With Spiral and Mojo you HAVE to have Longshot. That would be pretty cool.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:18 AM   #234
Infinite GLORY

Also, I found this recently uploaded unboxing video on Youtube of the Blob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpbzFSx3jQM

Not sure where the poster "MC Collectibles" is located, but probably this is overseas.

BUT, even though the lighting in the video is not great, I think Blob looks ALOT better than the pictures I posted before. So either the other one wasn't legit or maybe was a prototype or something? Details on the one in the video I posted look better. I'm excited to pick up Blob again.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:14 PM   #235
Dark Knight.
Birdman

I agree. He looks way better than the other pics but I must say that I am still a little disappointed with how the face turned out. It is lacking the detail and the shading we saw on the prototype. Comes off as a little lazy as compared to the face sculpts of say Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, and Cable.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #236
Infinite GLORY

I was gonna wait for Magneto to go on "sale" if possible but I noticed he was on waitlist at Sideshow and selling out at other online retailers. I think Iron Studios is sold out as well of him. So I found a online comic shop that has free shipping and got him for $250 shipped. No tax either which was nice. Still, alot more than I would have liked to pay for him. But in the end, I love this piece. He looks great in person. Face sculpts look better than in videos and the pose, sculpted case, "hovering" pose are all awesome.

The one thing I'm a bit unsure of, is the piece of "metal" shooting up from the Sentinel head where Magneto's leg attaches to. It look like the piece of metal is engulfing his leg, which seems odd. That's not how Magneto's powers work. I think maybe IS could have figured out a better way to give him the floating effect. Overall a solid piece tho. Here are some crappy pictures from my phone.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:23 AM   #237
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Sharing photos of Nightcrawler who's already out here taken by a local toy store.

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #238
pdenham
Teen Titans

I love the idea of a *bamf* cloud proximity piece, but not the execution here.

I think it would have been better to have it vertically orientated so that you could place it some distance behind Kurt, at the same eye level, so it looks like he's made this jump into view.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:43 PM   #239
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I need a 1/6th like you wouldn't believe. Not bad tho
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #240
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
Sharing photos of Nightcrawler who's already out here taken by a local toy store.

Wow, i think this looks great! I am not too sure on the ground "bamf" piece, but I'm not sure I would display it with it anyways.

But wow, I'm jealous, I feel like we are so behind on getting pieces here in the US released. Still need Blob.