Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-20-2021, 06:58 PM   #271
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I just made my first ever YouTube review video for Blob.

I’ll be making more videos in the future covering IS X-men, but won’t be self promoting after this.

https://youtu.be/893VXrp-nwI

I’m still fighting with basic stuff like light balance and consistent audio levels, but I appreciate support and feedback as I try out making videos with this X-men line as my first subject.
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:56 PM   #272
2bitcollector
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzhe View Post

I’ll be making more videos in the future covering IS X-men, but won’t be self promoting after this.

I’m still fighting with basic stuff like light balance and consistent audio levels, but I appreciate support and feedback as I try out making videos with this X-men line as my first subject.
Great video, just subscribed. I can't wait to get Blob myself.
2bitcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:29 PM   #273
Billy Batson
Doh!

Anyone having problems with nightcrawlers tail not fighting flush in the back?
Billy Batson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #274
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
I have seen reviews on youtube where people indicated the tail does not fit like it is shown on the box. Something about how production messed it up. You have to key it in how it fits vs. what the picture shows it to look like? Idk I don't have mine yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzhe View Post

Looks good thanks for posting! The skin tone looks pretty washed out, but I think that could just be because of your bright lighting. Can you confirm if the skin color really looks that light? I have seen various videos where it looks a bit darker and normal toned.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:12 AM   #275
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I have same issue. Fits in but not as shown on box and isn’t right. Presses very hard against the statue bending the tail a little bit as it is.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:15 AM   #276
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I have seen reviews on youtube where people indicated the tail does not fit like it is shown on the box. Something about how production messed it up. You have to key it in how it fits vs. what the picture shows it to look like? Idk I don't have mine yet.

Looks good thanks for posting! The skin tone looks pretty washed out, but I think that could just be because of your bright lighting. Can you confirm if the skin color really looks that light? I have seen various videos where it looks a bit darker and normal toned.
Thanks for the tail info. Thought something was wrong with just mine or that maybe the tail had a wire in it and you could bend it. Needed to look that up still.
Also I can say the skin is very dark. Personally wouldn’t have minded a little lighter but I think comics has him very dark and maybe that’s what they were after.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #277
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Venzhe's video is very close to what Blob looks like with the naked eye. I added a couple of pictures to my previous post where I tried to get the best lighting on him. Personally would've liked more shading on the skin but he still looks good. He a Juggernaut are still my favorites from the diorama series.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:53 PM   #278
Billy Batson
Doh!

Does the tail fit loose and not completely in the hole? I hidden see the change in design, but it doesn’t seem to wan to go in all the way. Other than that it is an excellent piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AE82E8B5-1466-49F1-A225-8385D6EE66C9.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	143429   Click image for larger version

Name:	86365AEF-878B-4D2D-A91F-61C39F7E6B64.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	143430  
Billy Batson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:00 PM   #279
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Does the tail fit loose and not completely in the hole? I hidden see the change in design, but it doesn’t seem to wan to go in all the way. Other than that it is an excellent piece.
My nightcrawler’ s tail is flush with the hole. You do have a slight issue.

Thanks for folks checking out the video. I know the light box is bright, but I did my best to match video skin tone to what my eye is seeing in front of me.

I have also seen the occasional photo of a darker Blob, and wonder if those were production test runs sent out for early reviewers.
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:25 PM   #280
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Not to get off topic about Blob and Nightcrawler but Logan is up for $180(!) and Warpath is up for $170. Warpath I thought for sure being a lesser known less popular character would be more maybe $150.

Logan I’m definitely passing on. I think his face looks bad still. Have to see more angles of him to judge right.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote