Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-02-2021, 05:26 PM   #221
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySmith View Post
Perhaps it's time to bring production back to America? No containers, no across-ocean shipping. Maybe it wouldn't affect pricing, but it may help American jobs and the economy. Production is based in China because of lower production costs. I'm not sure that's still an issue.
That sort of change would likely be conditioned on several years of trends and increases in automation efficiency. It is possible if labour prices in Asia keep growing (likely given standard of living and demographic shifts of falling birth rates).

We don't know what 2022, 2023, 2024 will bring. We could see shipping fall back, stay steady, or continue to climb. Until that uncertainty is cleared up I don't see anyone disrupting their manufacturing model. Come 2025 we may see this play out and companies react in some way.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:51 PM   #222
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Classic Ordered. Now the long wait.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:40 PM   #223
dadarkknight
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The dc Collectables flash looked great. I went ahead and preordered the classic.
dadarkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:58 PM   #224
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
So the exclusive on this is a brighter color and is $475. The exclusive on their newest Superman is 4 heads and is $375. What?s going on here? Like a fool I ordered it anyway because I want the league but the price does not make sense to me!
A year of rising costs everywhere happened, especially shipping.

From Twitter: "We hope the community understands the price increase is due to many factors out of our control, the biggest being the shipping container shortage which results in much higher costs of getting this product out of the factory & the rising costs of production and materials overseas."
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #225
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
https://tweeterhead.com/product/the-flash-exclusive/

I'll wait for the reg, probably via SS next Black Friday
I will be doing the same if a Flash I like better comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
IMO XM version is superior. It is dynamic. And I like that portal. Footprint and price point are different though. But execution wise one of the best in XM 1/6 line.
I think the figure portion is better, but Flash running on a treadmill isn't going to pair nicely with much of anything, not even their own reverse flash.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:36 AM   #226
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Ordered the Classic version. I love both colors though. The dark red is real nice. I also love the pose. I too think he is a bit musculature but it's a real nice statue anyways.
This probably is it for me with Tweeterhead DC as the prices have gotten too high and I doubt they will ever top their Superman 2.0 and Batman. The new WW, or what we've seen of it, does not impress me so yeah, this should do it. Goodbye.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:21 AM   #227
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Wow. I was expecting a price tag of $375. The 1/4 from SSC is only $90 more. With containers being so expensive now, I wonder if Chad has considered learning to paint.

I was just looking at my orders and noticed I paid $325 for the Superman EX from the TH site back in February. I wonder what changed in the past 10 months.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:38 AM   #228
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I think the figure portion is better, but Flash running on a treadmill isn't going to pair nicely with much of anything, not even their own reverse flash.
That is a special treadmill built by Starlabs that is designed to withstand extreme speeds. Flash is using it to open portal in time. Ofc reverse Flash will be a match.
They don?t nevessary have to have identical bases.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:50 AM   #229
AC_808
Hercules

No rush for me too. I like the REG better.

These rising prices is going to be a problem, tho. I kinda wish I just stayed with my initial plan ....to just collect the Teen Titans from Tweeterhead. Now I'm in it for the core Justice Leaguers.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:25 AM   #230
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Argh. I just realized I can't order the modern color from TH. With tax and shipping, it'll run me over $500 from SSC.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote