Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #21
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
I don't pay much attention to new comics, but isn't a variation of Marvel Girl part of the new lineup? Thought I saw a picture where the costume looked close enough.
Yeah, she started the Hickman run in an old school variation. I wasn't a fan, but it was one of the few things I didn't like about the new story.

What's the point of the mask? Those gloves have to be hell to keep on or grab things with. Similar problem with the boots. I love a woman in a skirt, but that is just impractical in a fight. I don't get this look on any level... character, visual design, battle practicality, form or function.

In the stories, Jean seems to be revisiting a lot of her old looks and playing with some new ones. I'm a few months behind, but it seems this is the new look she is trying out?

Not one of her best, but not one of her worst. Still better than the ugly and silly looking OG Marvel Girl outfit though.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #22
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup, I think its about time we get a Jean statue in her green Marvel Girl dress.
I think Iron Kite Studio has a Jean Gray statue in a green dress
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #23
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yeah, she started the Hickman run in an old school variation. I wasn't a fan, but it was one of the few things I didn't like about the new story.

What's the point of the mask? Those gloves have to be hell to keep on or grab things with. Similar problem with the boots. I love a woman in a skirt, but that is just impractical in a fight. I don't get this look on any level... character, visual design, battle practicality, form or function.

In the stories, Jean seems to be revisiting a lot of her old looks and playing with some new ones. I'm a few months behind, but it seems this is the new look she is trying out?

Not one of her best, but not one of her worst. Still better than the ugly and silly looking OG Marvel Girl outfit though.
Isn't that her Hellfire Gala outfit?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #24
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Isn't that her Hellfire Gala outfit?
That's what I thought, but in an image search I saw a few panels of her in action wearing it. Maybe it was just for that one issue (or issues)? Maybe it's something she'll keep for a while?
Old 04-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #25
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I think Iron Kite Studio has a Jean Gray statue in a green dress
They did one outside of teen Jean?

I loved the character, I dug this costume, I loved this sculpt... but somehow it lost something in the paint stage. Seems to happen with all of IKS pieces.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #26
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
They did one outside of teen Jean?

I loved the character, I dug this costume, I loved this sculpt... but somehow it lost something in the paint stage. Seems to happen with all of IKS pieces.
Does that have an ES yet?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:18 PM   #27
Peedi
The Secret Six

Hellfire Club Gala costumes are just for that one storyline. They aren’t meant to be super hero costumes.

It’s been stated several times in the comics that since moving to Krakoa there’s been no official X-Men team, they’re all just mutants, not X-Men. The gala will introduce Krakoa’s 1st official X-Men line up.

Of course that means X-Men relaunches again (*sigh*) after the gala storyline. Jean is still wearing the Marvel Girl costume.

Edit

Just read this week’s S.W.O.R.D. and Jean’s wearing the Lee. These costumes are really cycling. I do love that they’re doing this.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:23 PM   #28
Peedi
The Secret Six

I don’t necessarily want a classic Marvel Girl in 1/4 but if it were ever made I’d probably buy it to get closer to this line up:

Although I already have Phoenix for that squad so I’d much rather have this Jean over Lee or Marvel Girl:

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #29
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Peedi - How is SWORD? I haven’t added that to my pull list.

And the Marvel Girl suit is her first stand-alone suit. The mask was to protect her identity and you have to remember it was the 70s. She was looking hot and stylish for them...hell even for now I adore it. She doesn’t need function when she can hold her own skirt down while still mopping the floor with the enemy. Ain’t nothing wrong with looking fashionable while fighting racism.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:35 PM   #30
SkyWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Action pose with the Animated Series portrait. Hopefully Bishop and Jubilee are next...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jean_Grey.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	139030  
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote