Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Not sure if they have really cracked surround sound in headsets yet. Can't say those would be cheap but I'd love the idea of having comfortable head sets.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #22
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I agree there would need to be extensive research into it, but I cannot shake the prospect from my head. Definately going to research the idea more and get some feedback from public surveys etc
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #23
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I get where you are coming from. I've found the disruptions generally come during the evening shows with the teens, parents, and other blatantly stereotyped theatre viewers regularly attend.

I solved this issue by going to matinee's, or early morning shows. Minimal crowds, no obnoxious kids, very few crying babies, and no yelling at the screens. Theatrical nirvana.

Denver is awesome, I lived in Aurora when I was a kid. Living in Arizona (I apologize on behalf of my state), I desperately miss the green, and trees, and mountains (we only have hills here that the locals call "mountains")
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #24
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I will not go to the movies on the weekends! just too many bad variables to deal with & I always end up having a bad experience. I see adults let their just walking toddlers just wander the rows. I've even had toddlers stand in front of me & ask for my food. I've had a drug deal go down next to me & my kids, with a policeman coming up out of the darkness to arrest the dealer. I've had overweight comic-nerds blurt out their feelings/knowledge to anyone who'd listen while watching comic themed movies. I've had college-students (drunk & just 1) stand up during The Return of the King and just shout out yells of approval & fist-pump. I've had cell phone users take calls in the middle of films, or just fiddle with their glowing phones. I've had non-English speaking viewers have the film translated to them by their friend who understands what's going on. I've had farters sitting right next to me or right in front. I've had people eat smelly Chinese food near me. Beer bottles rolling down the floor, under the seats. Yellers, candy throwers. Teen moms & dads w/ babies or young children in R rated, uber-violent films, paying no attention to their cooing, crying, ?-asking lil' ones.

If I want to see a movie at the theater. I take off from my work & go see it on a weekday when the theater's not crowded. I even will pull my kids from school for an afternoon if there's something we all want to see. The now, un-mannered masses have ruined modern movie watching during crowded weekends.
Were you in Denver when that happened, because I have an idea who that might have been

Here in Oz, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Most people are considerate, but if you get a group of teenagers more often than not, they just don't STFU.

That's why I always opt for the Gold Class seats. There's more leg room and less rat-bags. And in the Gold Class cinema, you can walk into a movie theatre and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #25
Spazzy
Hercules

I love movies and love going to the theatre however I am very easily annoyed by other people, and almost always someone ticks me off, and I for the most part am a pretty patient guy so it usually is something bad. My dad is worse, he made us move when a guy was eating nachos behind him lol.

I rarely go nowadays with a newborn here, I don't much like going by myself, but for awhile I would hit early morning matinees, and avoid friday and saturday nights like the plague.

I haven't been to a movie since probably August, and now just catch everything on dvd/blu ray
I am definitely going to see Planet of the apes 2, everything else as much as I want to see it, I can wait 3-4 months for the release to buy.

Oh but I have no problems so far with our studio movie grill, comfy office chairs at desks eating pretty damn good food.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:10 AM   #26
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
western canada land of apologies and manners? you must not be from calgary lol its the land of red necks and trucks as far as the eye can see
Yeah it sucks. Was only ranked #5 last for the best places on the planet to live....

http://realitypod.com/2013/01/top-10...-in-the-world/
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #27
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Were you in Denver when that happened, because I have an idea who that might have been

Here in Oz, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Most people are considerate, but if you get a group of teenagers more often than not, they just don't STFU.

That's why I always opt for the Gold Class seats. There's more leg room and less rat-bags. And in the Gold Class cinema, you can walk into a movie theatre and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer.
We also spring for the reserved seats and VIP treatment at the AVX and Imax theaters here. More than anything for the ability to roll up to a big film opening night and have a prime seat without having to line up.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote