Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #311
chronos1919
Nightwing

I'm torn on this one.

I'm not in love with the pose... I think it has something to do with the right arm and hand. They seem awkwardly positioned to me though I can't quite say why. The photos that crop out that arm are more appealing to me.

The base is also more simplistic than I'd like and it really does appear that Cyclops blasted the ground beneath his own feet.

I do like the Jim Lee outfit though and the swap-out heads and visor pieces look great. I also really want to display him with Jean.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #312
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I suppose the reason for that is that it makes absolutely no sense for the blast to be his own.
It could be that he blasted that area of land as he was pursuing someone and then stood in a spot that was hit by his beam.

Still seems an odd choice to me.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #313
Tarksis
Justice League

I have no dog in this fight and will not be ordering this. I never cared for the character much. That being said, I like the "blast" visor more than I thought I would and having 3 portraits is pretty awesome. His right hand bugs me though. It looks awkwardly supinated, or held in an odd position. Maybe it's just me, but I can't shake the feeling. Sideshow has been putting out some amazing textures recently and I wish his suit had some more of that going on. I agree with the comment that suggested putting XM's Cyclops costume on the SS sculpt and you would have a real winner! I normally do not care for elaborate bases as they distract from the character, but in this case he could have used some extra flare. Overall I think it's a good piece and priced well, all things considered.

Cheers to all who enjoy it and add him to their collections!!

EDIT: Lol chronos 1919, you posted while I was typing up my thoughts and they are eerily similar...Im not the only one!
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #314
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I like the blast visor a lot.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #315
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I understand the concern about price. The base doesn't have any of the complexity of similarly priced PFs like the new trinity pieces.
i guess i can see that, but i think the days of sub $575 premium formats are gone unless its a small character regardless of the base
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #316
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I think he'll look great next to Jean and Cable. A little plain on his own.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #317
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
EDIT: Lol chronos 1919, you posted while I was typing up my thoughts and they are eerily similar...Im not the only one!
Haha, definitely not the only one. I feel like you explained it better though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Agreed. More of a companion piece with how simple the execution is.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #318
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I suppose the reason for that is that it makes absolutely no sense for the blast to be his own.

Not that it being left to the imagination makes a lot more sense.

Just not a very good base imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
It could be that he blasted that area of land as he was pursuing someone and then stood in a spot that was hit by his beam.

Still seems an odd choice to me.
The ground is hot, Cyclops generates no heat so it could never be his blast anyway. It doesn’t bother me too much but I agree with y’all it’s just a little weird. Or more so, random. Unless they’re making a Pyro PF. That might also explain why Emma’s doorway is melted/shows heat effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I'm torn on this one.

I'm not in love with the pose... I think it has something to do with the right arm and hand. They seem awkwardly positioned to me though I can't quite say why. The photos that crop out that arm are more appealing to me.

The base is also more simplistic than I'd like and it really does appear that Cyclops blasted the ground beneath his own feet.

I do like the Jim Lee outfit though and the swap-out heads and visor pieces look great. I also really want to display him with Jean.
This is the main thing for me, too. That arm is awkward. I also don’t like the blasting visor at all but it doesn’t have to be used so no big deal.

I like the simple costume. This costume is quite plain in the comics, I’m glad it doesn’t have a bunch of random textures just because. This costume is the closest to the comics outside of Gambit. Obligatory lines, but they want to blend in those neck and arms seams.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #319
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
That’s how I felt about some of the older pieces. Like old Jean was horrible as hell. But in a line up of X-Men she blended in nicely.

Jean and Cyclops with matching bases this time around will look great. And they’ll match off nicely against Sabretooth. I usually don’t like snow based but I’m curious what other characters they’ll add to this part of the battle.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #320
Unicornbang
Frackin!

Definitely picking this up. Probably displaying the screaming portrait with plain visor to be honest. The rest of the swap outs don't interest me at all. My real question is who is going to take my money and sell a swap out arm with his hand on his visor. Let's make this happen.
Unicornbang is offline   Reply With Quote