Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2020, 01:26 AM   #431
Biggunz
Loki

I thought the textured costume was supposed to come out next year
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:12 AM   #432
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The base ruined it for me.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:20 AM   #433
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Also, there’s an existing Cyclops PF as an option and the XM for those who want to spend that and want more textures. There’s options for this costume for Cyclops so people didn’t have to go with this one.
Yep, there's no less than 3 licensed 1/4 Jim Lee Cyclops options now and even more 1/4 custom pieces. Companies need to give it a rest already. It's the sole reason I passed on this piece. If they would've released a classic Byrne or Astonishing Cassaday Cyclops, I'd have been all over that.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:11 AM   #434
srttoz
Mephisto

I actually really love the textures they use on most of the suits (Mag/Wolvie) because these statues are so big you have to use your imagination to fill in all the details. Cable has a lack of texture on his blue suit BUT he has tons of detail all around it in the pouches and boots, gloves, shoulders (the leather and metal textures are A+ and look real) etc. Even Sabretooth has a cool leather texture that gives the statue a lot of depth instead of just plain spandex. This Cyclops is a good statue but he should have been a bigger deal than than this. He should be on a Sentinel or Training Room base and be a bit more detailed/dynamic. I think that would have put it on another level. Still the best Cyclops that SS ever made IMO.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:00 AM   #435
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I don’t remember anybody complaining about Wolverine’s textured costume. We know you like the textures, others don’t, it’s all just opinions, but I don’t remember lack of texture being a big deal discussed here when this was revealed. I remember people posting just a sense of underwhelm and awkwardness from this regardless of how many lines, sections, dashes, dots, perforations and grid patterns do or don’t exist. The awkward arm threw people off. Lack of Ex probably determined preorder amounts which influences the ES, this can be purchased from other sources for a bit cheaper up front. Then there’s the people who didn’t want this costume at all so it’s a pass for them. Jean’s total ES is still more, so it has to be factors specific to this Cyclops.

Also, there’s an existing Cyclops PF as an option and the XM for those who want to spend that and want more textures. There’s options for this costume for Cyclops so people didn’t have to go with this one.

It's more of an issue with the statue blending in with other more detailed looking statues in both costume and base style... I just ordered the XM one from SpecFiction but if SS would have made Cyclops with the same level of detail as their Wolverine I would have saved $400+ and bought the SS one...

Out of all the X-Men Sideshow has made this last year the only two I bought were Wolverine and X-23, the rest IMO are a bit too cartoony looking or their base just didn't match up with the other XM Statues I have (IE: Rogue's Danger Room base when all the others have Sentinel or Environment bases)

I just wish SS would be a bit more consistent with their statues, although I guess we should be lucky they didn't go for the X bases... I always hated those...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:29 AM   #436
twotoestony
Frackin!

Does anyone see this statue selling out at this edition size and demand?

6months?
1year?
twotoestony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #437
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoestony View Post
Does anyone see this statue selling out at this edition size and demand?

6months?
1year?
I could see it selling out at that ES. Only time will tell.

I put in my pre-order though. Now I don't have to worry about it.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:01 PM   #438
darren1228
Zot

Cyclops is such a disappointment considering how well done the new X-Men line is. One of the most important X characters and his ES is lower than Mr. Freeze and Scarecrow. I'm sticking with my old Cyclops.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:48 PM   #439
NSHStatue&Soles
Fantastic Four

For me, I just can’t get behind his pose being so similar to SS’s Wolverine....ima stick with my XM Cyclops, which should be getting here this quarter
NSHStatue&Soles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:46 PM   #440
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

What sucks about this one potentially not doing well is that SS actually gave you three different portraits with the base model and it still didn't help.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote