Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #41
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYCOMICMAN View Post
All my friends are dead.
Soon, my acquaintances will be too.
Funny thing is when I lend friends money they end up dying before they pay me back.
One hung himself because his girlfriend left him he should have payed me my $20 before he killed himself.
One took his cousin's motorcycle for a joyride and crashed he skidded almost a whole city block he lasted almost a year in a convalescent home before he died.
One was celebrating a new job and he had diabetes one of his friends went on a beer run and his insulin was in the car and he died at the party i really liked him.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #42
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Funny thing is when I lend friends money they end up dying before they pay me back.
One hung himself because his girlfriend left him he should have payed me my $20 before he killed himself.
One took his cousin's motorcycle for a joyride and crashed he skidded almost a whole city block he lasted almost a year in a convalescent home before he died.
One was celebrating a new job and he had diabetes one of his friends went on a beer run and his insulin was in the car and he died at the party i really liked him.
what the hell?
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #43
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ive known my friends since we were in Jr. High. I do keep in touch of an old friend once in awhile. Only cause she works at the same place as me. We chat a little bit on whenever we have time but never hang out.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #44
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
How do you feel about Old High School friends?

So the story is I graduated High School in 95 and i did a month of partying before i landscaped to save some cash before i went off to college. Coming to the year 2009 and i have never ever called or kept in touch with anyone from HS until last march a buddy from HS contacted me (he is the only one i would have ever called back). Hell his grandmother and my grant aunt we best friends and we were born in the same hospital /same time and were close friends till graduation day.

So now that we sorta hang out maybe once a month just to keep in touch. He's very sociable and stayed in contact with EVERYONE from my HS. Now i could care less about these people and now it seems that about 75% of my class are all still doing the same damn thing with each other since graduation/able to go to bars.

I fell off the map and went on with my life, went for a career and had to get away from them since they always said art school would be a waste of time for me. But now the flood gates are opened, they release I'm still alive (since i don't do myspace or facebook) and got ahold of my phone number. Now i keep getting calls from random people to hang out with them at the same bar they been going since they were 21. You would think never contacting them since 95 they would have gotten the idea i don't care fore any of them LOL. Thanks god for caller ID, cause i wont answer now if i don't know the number.

So have you stayed in contact with anyone from HS?

Would you return a phone call from a HS person you haven't spoken too in 14 years?

Did you even like HS? Cause i know college was way more fun and made friends for life there that i contact and get together all the time with.

Figured i ask you guys for some input since it seems i am getting more and more phone calls from these people every week now.
There are some I still talk to but I don't hang out with them or talk to them on the phone. My one friend I do because I've known her for 20 years and we still go to the movies and stuff but that's cause we are more like family than friends. Your life changes as you go on and you out grow them.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #45
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

I set up a facebook account a few weeks back and used an alias and didn't list my HS. This was partly to avoid psychotic family members, but also to avoid awkward reunions. Every now and again my mother tells me about some classmate asking about me. Most of time they are someone who didn't even know me back then, but now they are older and feeling nostalgic. What the hell are we going to say to each other "Hey remember how we never talked to each other...good times"

My closest friend is the only one from HS I keep up with, not interested in most others. I did find it funny looking them up, only because so many of them ended up marrying each other. I'll hit up some old college buddies when I get around to it.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #46
abarron
Batman

We don't have high school here but i hated secondary school (11-16).
Had very few friends and was a bit of a loner.
Think most people thought i was a bit weird.

I was (am) pretty quiet and wasn't really into all the stuff everyone else was like music or fashion.

I do have one real good friend from school and we try to keep in touch as often as we can but be went to see them at christmas and it was over a year since we last saw them.

Trying to keep in touch more now as both of us have been through a bit recently.

Other than that though i have no interest at all of meeting up with anyone from school
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #47
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ok so now i get a call last night, no clue on the number so i dont answer and let them leave a message. Some guy starts talking about HS and football. So it was one of the guys on my HS football team, never mentions his name so lost on who it is. Then goes on about getting together at the !%&!%&!%&!%&ty bar a town away. Also says he has a surprise friend with him, some girl i guess i went to school with and puts her on the phone. Now the phone message is dead silence and then he gets back on the phone and says oh well call me back and lets hang out.

What the hell! ya think he would say his name and still no clue who the female is cause i dont even recall her name and didnt even say a word on the phone.

Ya i am so excited to hang out with them now...........
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #48
Darth Pain

I kept intouch with a few friends for a few years after HS. Then we stopped hanging out when I got tired of going to bars. Just not my scene anymore. I still see the occasional class mate but, we never make plans to hang.
What's really funny is how the chicks that wouldn't give me the time of day in HS come right up and act like we were best friends...lol
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #49
hawkeyethearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post

can my wife borrow some money
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #50
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
can my wife borrow some money
LOL That's cold!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote