Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-13-2018, 12:12 AM   #11
built2shred
Phoenix

Just watched the 3rd part... and IMO it took a big nose dive story wise... I can't believe they choose the whole spinning earth thing to throw a nod at the original Superman Movie, as if how fast the world spins determines how fast time goes...

After watching this I have to say that Marvel is king when it comes to live action movies/tv shows... I don't know what's happened to DC but man they just can't get their crap together... I think the biggest issue is letting the DC Comic guys like Geoff Johns get involved in doing all the live action stuff... huge mistake.. They've turned all the movies/tv shows into a huge cheese fest, it's like their target audience is 8 year olds..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #12
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I'm in a spot that I love DC for trying to be ambitious but hate them for not executing correctly. Although it was nice to see so many heroes/villains it comes off as executed and written as slightly better than an average fan film. Definitely one and done
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #13
Y3E
Gen 13

So, this is a prelude to Crisis of the Infinite Earths. That is a pretty big tall order. Crisis of the Infinite Earths maxi series was one of the best stories ever told. I hope they do it justice.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #14
brianjofa4975
Fantastic Four

Three part crossover story was good, not great. As others have said, liked having the additional characters.

A little sappy at times ("you're my lightning bolt" being one of a handful of examples) and could have done without the Lois Lane SJW comments about the wage gap and women being better than men with conflict resolution.

Also, yes, Oliver in the Flash outfit looked very strange/awkward.
brianjofa4975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #15
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjofa4975 View Post
Three part crossover story was good, not great. As others have said, liked having the additional characters.

A little sappy at times ("you're my lightning bolt" being one of a handful of examples) and could have done without the Lois Lane SJW comments about the wage gap and women being better than men with conflict resolution.

Also, yes, Oliver in the Flash outfit looked very strange/awkward.
Have to remember Lois said those things because part 3 was on the Supergirl show and that show is all about major feminism... They even got Superman to tell Supergirl again that she's so much stronger then he is, blah blah blah… I guess Supergirl is so insecure about being a girl that she needs her cousin to tell her over and over again how much stronger she is compared to him...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #16
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I'll have to agree that Crisis is going to be difficult to pull off on these shows.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote