Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #1311
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphen View Post
Hey guys

So I usually buy from retailers but with this one I wanted the teal version so I placed my first order on SideShow , sadly it arrived broken , SS don't have any more replacement they offered me $40

My problem is with the tail , unfortunately it won't stuck with glue or super glue , anyone know how to repair it any specific type of glue ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
$40? That's ridiculous. Get a full refund.
I second this. It's not like she just broke a finger, the statue is broken in three spots. The tail will never look seamless, let alone her neck area.

Get a full refund and wait for somebody to sell their statue on ebay, through social media, or on here. Don't settle.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #1312
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
$40? That's ridiculous. Get a full refund.
+1
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #1313
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I second this. It's not like she just broke a finger, the statue is broken in three spots. The tail will never look seamless, let alone her neck area.

Get a full refund and wait for somebody to sell their statue on ebay, through social media, or on here. Don't settle.
In 90% of cases their CS is not acceptable.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=307

The refund is a joke and for non-usa customer its hell to send statue back and the trouble to get the custom fee back. Sorry... but the CS of Sideshow needs a better management, also the spare part department. I will not writing names here but I talked to manager and it was a joke and didnt solve the problem
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #1314
Orphen
Doh!

I actually love the piece and I don't want to return it to them as they mentioned if I wanted the full refund =( , because I won't be able to buy it again , the prices on Ebay are high so they offered the $40 , I asked them if they could remake the tail and hand , since her finger is missing from the box but they said they won't , even though I suggest that I will pay them more for that and they can keep their $40

and now I can't glue back the tail no mater what I use

@punisher2000 exactly , I'm using a forwarding service it took me a month to receive it and clear it from the custom
Orphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:53 PM   #1315
SONICobra
Bane

variants in stock at bbts if you dont mind the color change

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/64765
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:05 PM   #1316
Orphen
Doh!

Ah I don't like it , that's why I placed my first order with SS >_<

Anyone know how to fix the tail , I read that a lot of people have received broken tails
Orphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 PM   #1317
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphen View Post
Ah I don't like it , that's why I placed my first order with SS >_<

Anyone know how to fix the tail , I read that a lot of people have received broken tails
Not sure how much the teal version is on Ebay ...but fixing this broken statue may cost you just as much as getting a good one on Ebay.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:09 AM   #1318
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-J-...4vIR:rk:1:pf:0

If I were in your shoes Orphen, I would rather bid on listing above on ebay and end up possible paying double before dealing with a broken statue.

Contact sideshow to get a full refund, put it down towards sometime else, and be patient.

Someone is going to eventually Ebay a teal version for a more reasonable price somewhere down the road.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #1319
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Finally PO'd Alice even though the Little Mermaid release was a mess. Fortunately my LM was "ok" it took some adjustment to sit correctly but nothing was broken. Hopefully Alice and Tink have better releases.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:16 AM   #1320
mars
The Spirit

Out of curiosity I went and had a look at that eBay listing and as it says "Never opened still in the box with seal" Well good luck to that person that won the bid, cos personally I wouldn't take the chance with the reputation that this statue has got chances are that one's broken as well and you can't return it because it wasn't as described Lol

Coincidentally I have just finally received both of my Little Mermaid statues the teal one and the exclusive back from the States it's only taken 3 and a half months to get it right. With the teal one the base was returned it had a little burst bubble on the base very noticeable they did end up repairing it and now it looks OK, if you don't know it's there you won't even notice it.

And with the exclusive it took Sideshow 4 goes (YES) to eventually get it right I did send back 3 of them all for valid imperfect reasons and then for the fourth one they chose to take photos and getting me to approve them before they shipped it here to Australia

I don't think they made any profit on My Little Mermaid purchase Lol
mars is offline   Reply With Quote