Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-29-2018, 04:47 AM   #1321
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Out of curiosity I went and had a look at that eBay listing and as it says "Never opened still in the box with seal" Well good luck to that person that won the bid, cos personally I wouldn't take the chance with the reputation that this statue has got chances are that one's broken as well and you can't return it because it wasn't as described Lol
It's eBay, they always side with the buyer. If something's wrong with it, the buyer can just complain to eBay and get their money back instantly.

The seller is taking a huge gamble with this, honestly.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:47 AM   #1322
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Out of curiosity I went and had a look at that eBay listing and as it says "Never opened still in the box with seal" Well good luck to that person that won the bid, cos personally I wouldn't take the chance with the reputation that this statue has got chances are that one's broken as well and you can't return it because it wasn't as described Lol

Coincidentally I have just finally received both of my Little Mermaid statues the teal one and the exclusive back from the States it's only taken 3 and a half months to get it right. With the teal one the base was returned it had a little burst bubble on the base very noticeable they did end up repairing it and now it looks OK, if you don't know it's there you won't even notice it.

And with the exclusive it took Sideshow 4 goes (YES) to eventually get it right I did send back 3 of them all for valid imperfect reasons and then for the fourth one they chose to take photos and getting me to approve them before they shipped it here to Australia

I don't think they made any profit on My Little Mermaid purchase Lol
I’m from Australia as well but weirdly they never asked me to ship it back. Instead they kept asking me to destroy it so they could send a replacement. Guess shipping cost was less than manufacture cost?
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:59 AM   #1323
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokanma View Post
I’m from Australia as well but weirdly they never asked me to ship it back. Instead they kept asking me to destroy it so they could send a replacement. Guess shipping cost was less than manufacture cost?
Its because they just get credit from the factory anyway. It going into the trash at your place vs their's doesnt make a difference so why waste the money on shipping?
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:26 AM   #1324
wijnants_d
Doh!

Did anyone noticed this:
https://jscottcampbell.com/collectio...statues-signed

If you missed it at Sideshow this is a great opportunity, but if you thought you've got an exclusive item you're screwed (like me).
Does this mean they produce more than the edition numbers?
...Maybe I cancel my order of Tinkerbell when they also announce this one with autograph.
wijnants_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:49 AM   #1325
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wijnants_d View Post
Did anyone noticed this:

If you missed it at Sideshow this is a great opportunity, but if you thought you've got an exclusive item you're screwed (like me).
...Maybe I cancel my order of Tinkerbell when they also announce this one with autograph.
Whoa what the hell! I mean they are all authentic but a signed certificate would be nice. I'm also betting these pieces are completely defect free! lol
Aren't the SSC deposits non refundable?
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #1326
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Under the description it states:

"All Sales Final
Due to the limited inventory, these comics books are sold as is. Products have been reviewed for quality control. No exchange, refunds or returns on 'FairyTale Fantasies 'The Little Mermaid' statues - SIGNED' orders."

So if it breaks, you're screwed. BUT if they do really open them all and check for QC then you would be fine.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #1327
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wijnants_d View Post
Did anyone noticed this:

No, it just means JSC ordered a number of the statues to sell on his own ...in his online shop. Not sure how much he ordered, but he ordered both versions. So in a sense, he's a retailer ...and he can add his signature to the statues since he's the artist.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #1328
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

"All Sales Final
Due to the limited inventory, these comics books are sold as is. Products have been reviewed for quality control. No exchange, refunds or returns on 'FairyTale Fantasies 'The Little Mermaid' statues - SIGNED' orders."

So if it breaks, you're screwed. BUT if they do really open them all and check for QC then you would be fine.

Yup, exactly. All sales are final. That's a gamble right there.

I'd rather wait for a Con where JSC is attending (like SDCC) ...bring both bases to the Con ...and have JSC sign both bases.

Seriously tho, I'm fine with both of my statues even if I don't get JSC's signature on them.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 AM   #1329
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

"All Sales Final

Campbell's store has been pretty good with helping people out. Not saying they surely would in this case but a totally broken statue they "may make an exception to the rules".

Now if there's some sloppy paint or a small gap between pieces you're probably out of luck.
They just want to discourage the Picky Pauls.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #1330
flico
Doh!

Campbell's Store

Interesting about the statue from his store. I probably would have done it for 320 (if his signature does only add 20 dollars like the description says). But it would have been impossible to plan for that as Sideshow sold out before this listing went up. Really nice for people that still want one though!

A thing I noticed last week but wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning. His store added 4 "statue design" prints. Three of which are Tinkerbell, Mermaid, and Alice using the exact same poses as their respective statues. The fourth one is Beauty and the Beast. Does that foreshadow the next statue? Though the Fairytale Fantasy video from several months ago hinted towards Cinderella for the next one...
flico is offline   Reply With Quote